Woodland camping

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Closet_Jibber, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Missus wants to go camping.

I'd like to go somewhere with a large area of woodland (Preferably conniferous) where we can do some wild camping and walking.

Ideally I'd like to bump into as few people as possible so any ideas experiences I'd be most pleased.

Cheers!

Edit to add: I haven't been in a while so any tips on how to avoid making this like a 3 day standing patrol under basha would also be appreciated.

2. Could you not have her dig in therefore saving you the hard work?

3. I use the Cheviots, Kidland Forest is nice, if you dont like that sort of Forest then the is the other type, proper trees and stuff around the area.

Be warned, legally you cant camp, farmers dont usually mind as long as you dont cause any bother, Forestry Commission gets the hump but if you do what I do and bury yourself in the middle, they never find you.

Remote, desolate and you dont often bump into people apart from the odd lost squaddie / Belgian regiment

4. Whereabouts in the country are you? Around Kielder has some big forests ideal for what you're after, or if you're of the porridge persuasion up near Fort William has the advantage of being able to camp nearly anywhere.

5. Forest of Dean fcuking acres of the stuff.

6. Cheers folks. Really appreciate it as my other plan of sneaking onto SENTA wasn't great.