Wooden SLR

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Bushmills, Sep 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Am thinking of making my little lad a wooden SLR (prob half size) any idea about where I might find a template and anybody any tips about going about it?
  2. Are you a cock? (wooden)

Why not make him a little wooden Bodleian Library and a wooden Mary Poppins instead. You could shove him up a wooden chimney; 'shtep in time' etc.

Then you could impale youself on a large wooden stake on the front lawn to amuse me.
  3. You know the words...
  4. I made one for a nephew, but to be honest, plastic in kit form at 1/43 is a lot easier than wood at 1/2.

Hope this helps.

Mercedes SLR.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I think you should raise your sites a bit - what about a wooden 1/6th scale 'Dora' rail gun?

More photos here.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Wooden rifle? Not enough scope for spectacle. Make him one of these instead.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

In 1960 Airfix did this, they also did a Thomson Gun

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Best make sure it is painted orange otherwise under New labour's Violent crime Reduction Act you will be a criminal.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Surely a Sten would be easier, a few bits of copper pipe, a spring and a large nut and bolt for a cocking handle, job done.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. He wants to make a toy, not the real thing.......
    • Like Like x 3
  11. In for a penny...........
  12. Werthers 'n puppies are much less hassle
  13. Dont forget to make him some foam ear defenders that don't work too.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. My fav toy as a kid!

It used to shoot little plastic bullets!

And when the barrel broke off (they nearly all did!), take the mag off and it looked like a SMLE but with a pistol grip!!!
  15. Buy the kid a drum-kit. Go on, you know you want to.