WOMQC (CLM) Oct 04

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Woart, Aug 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to attend my WOMQC (CLM) at the DMSTC in Oct.

Can anyone give me the heads up on the course, is it a good / bad cse & what info do I need to know before hand.

Also, wats the DMSTC like now a days?

Wats the quality of the instructors?

Any info would be of help thanks.

2. DMSTC is a holiday camp these days matey. Get your glad rags and shagging gear ready, as thats what seems to happen there all the time :roll:

3. CAN ANYONE HELP.

Due to attend my WOMQC (CLM) at the DMSTC in Oct.

Can anyone give me the heads up on the course, is it a good / bad cse & what info do I need to know before hand.

Also, wats the DMSTC like now a days?

Wats the quality of the instructors?

Any info would be of help thanks.

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

4. dont know, sorry.
    i did my WOQC last year, but its al changed since then, but it was a relaxed course, all very adult, a fair bit of the usual 'yawn' stuff and very little drill, we had 2 sessions, one on stick drill and the other on taking a parade.
    Combat 95 and Barrack dress are the 2 dresses that we spent our time in.
    The mess has had a massive refurb, it was closed while i was there but word on the street is to expect to pay through the nose for any regt dinner you have as thanks to the whinging Navy, you dont pay entertainments at Keogh.

5. If you call the Army cell at DMSTC they'll let you know what you need for the course. I teach on it, so obviously it's FANTASTIC!

But seriously, it's a part of the new CLM process, so it is a bit of a work in progress. As far as DMSTC goes as a place, well it's Tri-Service so don't expect your favourite old Depot. I'll not say any more on the grounds that I might incriminate myself.

IF

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Bit like the AMS of old then, on going evaluation, in place overhaul, a long term project, being evaluated as required, sound so familiar. :wink:

7. Thanks Chaps,

Not many have done it I guess.

Will let all know how it goes in Oct.

Ta for now!

(PS i wonder if Ibiola has done it?)

8. hed expect that little tick in the box for free too :roll:

9. What you really mean is that Depot is now a shagging palace, full of crabs and bloody naval types all mincing around. Fer ficks sake, the drill square is used to park cars!!!!!! :roll:

10. IF[/quote]

What you really mean is that Depot is now a shagging palace, full of crabs and bloody naval types all mincing around. Fer ficks sake, the drill square is used to park cars!!!!!! :roll:[/quote]

Wasn't the old drill square always used to park cars?? I can remember a certain course comrade of mine driving his car into one of the trees off the square driving away and hitting temporary barriers on the way out of camp, good old days they were!! Stagging on with pick handles and touring Mitchett house!!!!!

You are right on the crabs - more likely to catch them though!!

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The day the Drill Square got the car park was the start of the rocky road we now hobble down. I remember the only thing on the square, remotely mechanical was the white line marker! Drill Squares are for drill not cars as they are called car parks, very similar and very different.

12. Diddums. Welcome to the Twenty-first Century.

IF

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I am glad you can see the benefits of change. Lucky for us you are off to 2 Med Bde!

Bring back the late 80's! :twisted:

14. Bring back quick-change parades :twisted:
    Bring back the right to jail some git for no real reason, apart from the fact your a nasty piece of work :twisted:
    What happened to marching around as part of a squad? Seems to be only those on promotion courses that do it now-a-days :roll:

In my day......blah, blah.........clean, bulled boots.........blah, blah.......puttees........blah, blah..............DMS.........blah, blah..........nurse, can I go to the toilet now please :wink:

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

My point exactly, D-L! :lol: