Womens Gymnastics Beijing, we have a medal hope TODAY!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Riabright, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whether you are into gymnastics or not, you have to cheer on Cheshire gymnast BETH TWEDDLE in Beijing.
    Beth is a serious medal hope on both asymmetric bars & floor.
    She was World Champion on bars in 2006, our first ever female world gymnastics champion.

Aug 13......3am (bst)...Women's Team Final.
    Aug 15......4am (bst)...Women's All Around Final. (Beth not taking part.)
    Aug 17......1pm (bst)...Women's Floor Final.
    Aug 18......11.45am (bst)....Women's Bars Final.

So as this is the first time we've ever had an Olympic medal contender in women's gymnastics, let's give her some support. :D

Beth winning the world title in Denmark in 2006.......
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzCtlvPZegI&feature=related

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Born in SA and teeth like a chimpmunk.......

I wish her well

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

All very well; will she get her growler out? and does she take an*l f*stin*?

PS Joe Calzaghe hates her because she beat him for "BBC Sports Personality Of The Year 2006"

4. Having seen the pictures she is exactly what you would expect of a "lady with a nice personality" !

Good luck to her.

5. Isn't she injuered at the moment? She sat out their last training day.

6. Yeah but its not a proper sport is it? Its something your nine year old does for a month and then gets bored of it and demands a new Bratz doll.

[​IMG]
    Beth Tweedle. "Dressing to Impress", aparently.

7. Beth has a minor rib injury, so she is doing as little training as possible, but will be doing bars & floor.
    Today she will be doing the qualification event, so this one is vital to get her into the bars & floor final.
    The rest of the GB womens team are in action today too, so check them out. :D

(Starts about 5am, BBC1, then on interactive.)

8. she is a gymnast so by default worthy of my "affections" so best of luck to her

9. yeah we all know the men look at women's gymnastics for one thing only ...

:D

IG

10. BEHAVE......perverts....... :wink:

Beth's just made the bars final. Bloody lucky, as her qualification routine went tits up......
    Highlights on BBC 2 at 4pm, & 6pm on Freeview 302.

11. We have another fab GB gymnast going in the All Around final tomorrow, (Aug 15, 4am, bst ) BECKY DOWNIE.
    She's only 16 but has made it to the final. :D
    (Beth not competing again until the bars final on Monday.)

Check out......
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRYuAlABE_Y&feature=related

12. Beth Tweddle goes in the bars final THIS MORNING! (top eight)
    11.30am. ( Freeview 301)

As a former world champion on bars she has a REAL chance of a medal.
    A female GB gymnast has NEVER won a medal at the Olympics. ( Or even reached an apparatus final, so she's done so well just to get into this final. )

13. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

14. Gutted.
    Losing a medal by 25 THOUSANDTHS of a point.......... :eek:
    Very proud of her, she really went for it.
    She also produced the most difficult routine of the whole final.

I wanted to interview her for a radio show I was doing, so wrote to her coach. A few days later Beth herself phoned me up & invited me down to her gym! A world champion doing all her own admin!
    She came to training an hour early & gave a fab interview. She's genuinely a sweet, unassuming, polite young woman, & we had a good laugh. I was then allowed to watch her train & video her, & she signed loads of autographs for the kids at my gym.
    As a former gymnast, it was a truly special day for me.
    She's also very pretty! I don't know why she looks so toothy on TV, as she looks fine in real life! :D