Women you fancy that you shouldnt

I know she's a fictional character but I quite like Sheldon's meemaw...

MV5BZjNjMDEyMzUtOWM4YS00YzZjLTk4NWQtMjU4YWRhODc3M2Q4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ2MDI5NjU@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

Most definitely

Annie Potts.
She was 'Janine', the receptionist in Ghostbusters.

She delivered some good lines in that.

"Picking up or Dropping Off?"

I saw it on a big TV recently and its striking just how much Matte work and stop motion is used. Little if any CGI. The spirits moving up Manhattan after the "eruption" from the firehouse is just beautiful.

In the 1980s, the abbreviation CGI only meant Corrugated Iron.

ISTR that the cameras for Star Wars films were CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) which allowed them to shoot different elements and then combine them. It was quite an innovation at the time.

ISTR that the cameras for Star Wars films were CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) which allowed them to shoot different elements and then combine them. It was quite an innovation at the time.
I was at shepperton studios when they were filming the first Star Wars, very pre cgi.
i remember sticking my head inside a sound stage ( on a weekend) and seeing a huge sheet of Perspex ( 40’ by 50’ish) suspended in mid air at a 45 deg angle, lit and with a galaxy painted on it maybe 30 foot across.
in front of it on a big gray rostrum that must have weighed a ton or so , stood an imperial battle cruiser maybe 8 foot long all lit up with fibre optics for windows etc..fab.
the sets they built for the first alien film at the same time were really freakingly scarey though

the sets they built for the first alien film at the same time were really freakingly scarey
ISTR that the alien egg pods (from which the the first face hugger leapt, onto John Hurt's faceplate) were lined with genuine-bedouin tripe bought from a local butcher, which didn't take long under the camera lighting to get very, very unpleasantly rank :-D

There's also the moment with Gok Wan...
Yes - though she’s a bit of a serial porker/slim roller coaster these days. Obviously related to her mental state at the time - guess she comfort eats

When she was in Two Pints she was hot stuff.... mmm that reminds me... Natalie Casey

Attachments

• 5552372A-DBF8-4F98-8631-1C79BEBD7ACC.jpeg
    5552372A-DBF8-4F98-8631-1C79BEBD7ACC.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 246
She seems to be the go-to choice right now for production companies whenever they want a chirpy Lancashire lass (ie an irritating and noisy northern bird) for voice-over work in commercials and tv shows.

She has a very tidy foo foo, but obviously I can't show it on here.

Dredd

LE
She seems to be the go-to choice right now for production companies whenever they want a chirpy Lancashire lass (ie an irritating and noisy northern bird) for voice-over work in commercials and tv shows.

Is this lass not available any more then?