WOMEN WARNING!!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by smith18, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I got this sent to me via email and wanted to pass this on. Its a true story and it can happen to you.

Dear Friends:

I know not all of you are women that I am sending this to, but I am
    hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother, sisters,etc.

Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in
    mailboxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume. Be careful. I was
    approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 PM in the Tesco car park near the Universityof Ulster by two males who asked what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate.

I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some
    weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume?'scam.

Someone walks up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking
    you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price.

THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER!

When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables And heaven knows what else. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing at them and told her about how I was sent an
    e-mail at work.

If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume' but thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was
    spared whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for
    you.
    PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND PLEASE BE ALERT AND BE AWARE. IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO! YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS.

Ladies this happened to me yesterday and I didn't smell the perfume either, thanks to this email. This is true. Believe me, I know. I was over by the car park at lunch time when I was approached. So day or night, it does not matter.There were 3 guys together when I was approached. I called the police when I got back to my home. Like the email says above, LET

EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS. YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY,CO-WORKERS, whoever. It helped me.

I would have put this in l&s but there is probably a dozen in there already - hooped. mk

2. feck i been rumbled

3. Three 18 year old big breasted female students were doing this and got my wallet stolen last tuesday. Have been back every day. Running out of wallets to lose........................

The warning is buy lots of cheap wallets and enjoy..................

4. Sorry smith18, it sounds like spam to me. Anything that contains dire warnings and asks you to pass it on to as many people as possible should be treated with a bit of circumspection.

5. Its is true as i have seen it on the news once and i have looked on the internet to see if it is true and it is, tis happened before. Just trieng to look out for people.

Sorry about spelling

6. It is and they are sooooo obvious!!

Perfume Email Hoax

7. Idiots like you should be terminated with immediate effect. Forwarding on stupid, fake email warnings such as this is doing nothing but creating spam.

There's one born every minute... :roll:

8. Appears to be spam like so much else hitting inboxes these days, then.

9. Fair dos

Thats might be why i got some stuff on the internet saying its true.

I was only doing it for good intentions (spelling), sorry agiain but never mind i fell of it again. :oops:

10. How about you check your facts in future before posting garbage?

11. If unsure try Hoax-Slayer. If it sounds to good/bad to be true it probably is.

Liberal use of capitals and !!!!-marks has me reaching for the delete button!!!!!!!!!

12. I did but it said it was true, sorry but i was only doing it for good intentions.

Hey, i fell for it but am sure many have did before.

13. Thank you ill keep the site on favs (cant spell), i hang my head in shame and do the walk...

14. Well, Snopes doesn't seem to think that this is true.

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Tinfoil hat time . . .

WTF is it with these round-robin emails then?

The only purpose I can see, if the email does not contain a virus is for someone to watch and ascertain the social links between recipients of said emails by seeing who they send them to, and who they in turn send them to.

Well, if that is the case, who has the capability to ascertain where such emails get re-distributed to?

uh-oh, back in a minute, a van's just pulled up outsi . . . . 8O