Women to attempt P-Coy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Eggbanjo, Apr 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well here we go.......

If she passes at least she would have earned it the right way (assuming they don't drop the standards for her) and was not just given it on being attached to 16 AA BDE
  2. 'Logistics expert'!!! Well done if she can pass, but I really hope they don't drop the standard for her.
  3. Shes not the first a women, have attempted the course before.
  4. She can feck off attention seeking bint :evil: :evil:
  5. msr

msr LE

I take it you passed then VS.

6. I hope it's not going to be like the woman who 'passed' the entry for the Marines - but got to carry all of the weight of a lipstick FFS!

If women want to pass they should meet exactly the same requirement as men have to - otherwise they don't get in.
  7. How do they expect to find a milling partner for her??
  8. I agree MB but women serving in Airborne units :roll: I fear not good for the team dynamic or cameraderie. This is from experience of mixed and single sex units.

My experience is that girls like this are out to prove a point, besides the current system works why muck about with it for PC? I believe that Tracey Paul posted some very good arguments for not pandering to precieved "equal oportunities"

I would wish anyone luck going on P Coy, anyone who can be relied upon ALL of the days in a month :wink:
  9. RTFQ

I've had a beer with her and from what I saw, she's an alright lass who seems to be out to prove something to herself rather than the rest of the army. She's a racing snake rather than a load carrier, but in fairness she is probably the same weight as I was when I passed. I don't think anyone of the staff will lower the standards for her - they haven't for any of the other females who have attempted it. Good luck to her.
  10. There's been a few blokes that you'd question their passing abilities who are now serving with the brigade. If she wants to pass P Company, she has to attempt THE P Company, otherwise its just another Army PR Excercise to make a name for themselves. If she does pass, then unfortunately I have to say, Good luck to her, just hope that her acceptance to the unit is greeted the same as any other successful applicant. It wont be easy, she'll have alot more to do than just "proving" herself.

11. and will tickets be available?
  12. RTFQ

No worries on her being accepted in the unit, it's 13 air asslt regt RLC, the powers that be hate the old airborne ethos and want to replace it with something fluffier, fatter and less offensive to the enemy. It's in line with the corps policies of "We're RLC, who would want to shoot at us?" and "I'm an RLC Maj/Lt Col, I'm sure I'll be at a conference at the Bde G4 cell/cookhouse when the enemy attack, the lads will be fine, most of them have A2s and 5 rounds of 5.56"
  13. Interesting to note that according to an MoD spokesman:

"If she passes she will become the first woman to win the coveted Para beret"

Women having been wearing the Maroon beret for years! At least you know with the green lid you have earnt the right to wear it and have not just been posted to the Bde.

Note, yes I have done AACC and I also have a respect for Pip. Most the slagging seems to come from those who have note been anywhere near CTCRM - and if this girl passes I am sure she will be slagged by those who have not been anywhere near P Coy
  14. msr

msr LE

Like Von Shot?

15. Sorry no bite here old boy :D