Women on a tank crew

Discussion in 'RAC' started by SSM_Hugh_Jass, Feb 14, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From all the tests and research it has now been decided that women will not be on a tank crew. But what if they were?

Amusing comments on:

What would they be good at?
    and
    What would they not be able to do?

2. At least you can call yourselves Cavalry then, as you would be employing horses.

Until then drop the Cavalry Shoite, you are TANKIES.

Oh and by the way, get rid of those stupid black coveralls, you look like fat ninja recruits on sick parade.

3. Ha ha ......... top comment about the black coveralls.

But sorry........... RTR are tankies and they only wear black. Green wearers are Cavalry and we WILL NOT CHANGE! ;D

4. Be great to have Woman on the CREWS

You need some1 to keep topping up the BV ;D

5. Will never happen as MOD can't afford to re-decorate the inside of the turrets on them big lorries with pointy things sticking out the front!

6. The better endowed of our female comrades may find a little trouble getting in the hatch of some of our AFV's, but having said that they'll get furter in the tank than some of the more rotund members of the RAC have been able to up till now  ;D

7. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Gobby, lots of horse around too fella, thats why we're Cav and you obviously ain't. probably a grunt as one needs to stay in school untill at least 14 to get in the dashing regiments!

8. Flyingrockdj, I feel you should restrict your postings to the Civvy thread as your info is as relevant as could be found in the Army Wifes Journal, AFF. Are you a member?

9. Greetings my Lord,  your comments to the rockdj thing saved me a job.  

Oh and by the way I never left school really as I have been educating squaddies for 15 years now.  With the use of a baton and cuffs.

EXEMPLO DUCEMUS(By example we lead)

10. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Oh dear flash. matey I'm a stab! why don't you go back to aviation and tell the other squawks how much you all earn............ Meiowwwwwwwwww

11. Yes a female tankie with PMT that could be real fun ;D

12. ;D females in the turret well, well what will they think of next ? ???
    us grunts are all for it give us something to follow to the FEBA now we wouldnt get our bearings wrong would we
    just follow the smell of the fish  :p (lol)

13. Can you imagine the smell, being closed down for a couple of hours, let alone a couple of days, with a bird thats on! NO THANKS. let the grunts have them.
    Maybe the SQMS's could carry a few, 1 for each troop to play with on smokers!

14. You mean there aren't any women in the cavalry??
    Last  time I saw a Cav officer they looked as though they squatted to p**s.

15. Hungry Hussar
    The only reason FOR having female crewpersons on Tanks, is the daily AGE OLD TRADITION of buddy buddy chest washing  :pthat we Cav jockeys have been doing for ,,,,,how long,,,,,,nice thought though, I suppose if one wished to work with females we would join the Arty. Imagine reaching for a grenade, only to find pot bloody whatever you call it, smelly bits of wood....You know. Must admit, couldnt imagine letting one rip with a good looking girlie sitting between my legs, mind you I suppose I could squeeze one out if she where very ugly. WOMEN KNOW YOUR PLACE