Women in Uniform

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yeo_Man, Dec 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Apoligies if this has been done before but just listened to this on the drive home, Mr Bell had me a little exasperated in places with the careful editing of sound bites and interviews.

Although it did pose a question for me when he stated that female recruits at Pirbright were outperforming their male counterparts!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womeninuniform/pip/xde8o/

Oh and the fact that we are long overdue a 2 Star Doris.

YM

BBC Radio 4 - Women in Uniform

2. You mean those girls who start crying at anything?

3. Well that and the fact that I thought they were tested to different standards or am I wrong?

4. Now now - Lets not be getting B1tchty!

We all know that all the tests are fair and equal. As long as your female.

Its plebs like this twit who throw women back with such comments.

Instead of saying as and when there is a 2 star vacancy and a Doris is the best candidate they'll get it, they have no shame about suggesting that one should be thrusted into this position because it looks good.

I'm sure there will be a seniour Rupertess itching for just the oppurtunity. Whether she gets it fairly or not is another matter.

However what does fairness have to do with equal ops?

5. C_J

Agreed I think that was what got me a little frustrated, 2 star appointments on merit not sex. CDS did try to explain this in his interview, however it was glossed over.

I wonder if there is a “political” appointment on the way?

YM

6. Bit of totty getting promoted over a chap. Dashed rum state of affairs. Oh for the day promotion was strictly decided by how you sat a horse and sexual preference at Eaton.

7. What would the sexual tastes of employees at one of the world's leading technology and industrial manufacturing companies, an American company no less, have to do with selection for promotion in the British Army?!

www.eaton.com

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I thought it was pretty good, the wag tail and the two lasses driving drops and tankers get my respects.

9. I do believe, my good man, that he may have been referring to Eaton Hall. Which was, of course, the Officer Cadet School for the infantry types of yesteryear.