• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Women in the army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm a 22 year old woman and I've been thinking about joining the army for years, and finally, I've decided to do something about it, however, I have heard horror stories about women in the army and I did search the forums, but the only relevant post I saw seemed to turn into an arguement about husbands cheating, which is of no use to me at all. So my question is, genuinely, how hard is it to be a woman in the army these days? I know training may be tougher on a woman and such, but I'm asking about the lifestyle, and how they are treated and such. Thanks!

Z

Zarathustra

All the women I've known in the Army have been treated the same as the blokes, e.g. if they're good at their jobs, keep their phys up, keep out of drama and pull their weight on duties/exercise/tour then they get along fine.

If, on the other hand they're workshy and do their utmost to dodge duty/exercise/tour then (just like the blokes) they will be recognised for what they are and be treated accordingly.

Z

Zarathustra

May sound flippant but "Tits and Tears" doesn't really work anymore.
I dunno, we had a clerk who started crying because she had to do a base plate patrol around New Zealand Farm (I think). I also saw a female RMP Cpl crying at the back of a tab on the local training area while I was doing a nav ex, she got put on the jack wagon.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I dunno, we had a clerk who started crying because she had to do a base plate patrol around New Zealand Farm (I think). I also saw a female RMP Cpl crying at the back of a tab on the local training area while I was doing a nav ex, she got put on the jack wagon.
Seen blokes do that.

Fair enough, can you post a photo of your favourite shoe then..or your washing basket?

After that, can you just join up like every other woman and stop asking stupid questions based on you insecurities.

..Just saying like..
Ah now, don't be like that, I was only asking because my friend is a lance corporal in the army and he was telling me that the women just get treated like objects and turn into massive sluts. I was just asking around to see if anyone else thought this.

When i was in the infantry there was a clerk called 'charlie bucket' coz she fucked half the regiment. (i believe crows where sent to her office for 'admin')

If you ever go on exercise/tour with infantry expect to receive shitty comments and constant 'getting hit on'.

This is from what i saw constantly with attachments i.e clerks, dog handlers etc etc

LLL, I'd advise looking at several different cap badges. We're quite tribal and by looking about you'll find one that you feel the most comfortable with. The Army doesn't have much truck with its soldiers, men or women, being badly treated. That said blokes are 90 per cent male so it can be pretty robust in terms of banter etc. the slut bit can happen - some women take advantage of the very favourable odds. Overall though most soldiers don't give a stuff who or what they are; they want soldiers in their team who they can trust and who pull their weight.

Harassment of new users is not acceptable (its just not a level playing field!). Some users need to think why are they replying to posts in this forum and read the posting standards sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads