Women in the army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LucyLucyLooooo, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I'm a 22 year old woman and I've been thinking about joining the army for years, and finally, I've decided to do something about it, however, I have heard horror stories about women in the army and I did search the forums, but the only relevant post I saw seemed to turn into an arguement about husbands cheating, which is of no use to me at all. So my question is, genuinely, how hard is it to be a woman in the army these days? I know training may be tougher on a woman and such, but I'm asking about the lifestyle, and how they are treated and such. Thanks!
  2. Expect to be treated exactly the same as anyone else.
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

4. All the women I've known in the Army have been treated the same as the blokes, e.g. if they're good at their jobs, keep their phys up, keep out of drama and pull their weight on duties/exercise/tour then they get along fine.

If, on the other hand they're workshy and do their utmost to dodge duty/exercise/tour then (just like the blokes) they will be recognised for what they are and be treated accordingly.
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

May sound flippant but "Tits and Tears" doesn't really work anymore.
  6. I dunno, we had a clerk who started crying because she had to do a base plate patrol around New Zealand Farm (I think). I also saw a female RMP Cpl crying at the back of a tab on the local training area while I was doing a nav ex, she got put on the jack wagon.
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Seen blokes do that.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ah, I never found that, thank you! This should help a lot
  9. A man crying on PT is a strong look.
  10. What Corps/Regiment do you want to join?
  11. Ah, yeah sure, I'll just get right on that
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It was a loggie. It wouldn't have been one of us clerks because we would have skived out of it.
  13. I'm not entirely sure yet, but I was thinking about joining as a veterinary technician. I still have to go into the careers office yet, but from all the research I've been doing, I think that's the one for me
  14. We always have 1 clerk on PT, sometimes we even get two or three but only if it's a really special occasion.
  15. Ah now, don't be like that, I was only asking because my friend is a lance corporal in the army and he was telling me that the women just get treated like objects and turn into massive sluts. I was just asking around to see if anyone else thought this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.