Women in tank squadrons?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Jimbo_James, Apr 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :D Someone please tell me why women should be allowed in Tank squadrons?
    My thinking is that due to the manouverist approach encouraging fluid battle fields resulting in no set front lines, which has been proven by the mad dash to Baghdad that the phrase frontline troops is slightly outdated.
    Women fly helicopters across the frontline and the introduction of women to tanks could, come as the next logical step.  I do understand the possible strength differences but could be covered by keeping the same entry standards across the board as should be fair.

2. Imagine being stuck inside a tin can with a woman on rag week!   :-/

I don't know a great deal about tanks, but if you were sealed into one beacuse of an NBC threat, would the woman really want to go about 'feminine' business on rag week with serveral hairy arrsed blokes in close proximity.   ???

3. Personally I'm all for it.  She could keep the turret clean, make sure the BV was never off for brews.  Open your lager, straight from the tube.  Make the sarnies and the scoff.  She could do your dhobi in the field and best of all, no more cold lonely nights knocking one out in the bivvy.  Blow jobs all round.  Even if she's a pig.it'll be dark and no-one will see her.  And every now and then, let her drive. ;D ;D

4. I'm nothing to do with the RAC, but I believe the reason why women aren't in Tank crews is to do with the sheer physical strength involved in basic tasks such as changing tracks, cleaning the main armament etc.

You might get more response (positive and negative) if you ask on the Cav thread.

5. Ma, While i agree with most of the above, would you really hand over control of a shiny Chally 2 to a wench?  I would rather not be anywhere near said tracked vehicle.   ;D   ;D

6. It keeps them sweet, Pile :D

Come to think of it, wasn't the space shuttle which crashed when the female teacher was driving called 'Challenger'? ???

7. Indeed it was.   ;D

I would still prefer to be elsewhere when she took control, maybe go for a jolly in whirly bird or something?   ;D

8. Wasn't it a female tanky in Bos, who unloaded the entire main gun ammo bin at a sniper?

When questioned as to why she she fired 54 rounds

"Because I ran out of ammunition that's why, GOD MEN , you're so thick, yes it is that time of the month, how did you guess" :)

9. Hi all
    Its obviuos to me that you guys arnt aware that a few years ago we employed around 450 women within the RAC and had a trial run with them ACTING as RAC soldiers. They did a shit job, but cos of equal rights and homosexualality we had to keep them on, so the goverment gave them armoured fighting vehicles and also gave them a real girlish name. Their now known as the 9/12th? WHO?
    Tally ho old chap

10. [
    I don't know a great deal about tanks, but if you were sealed into one beacuse of an NBC threat, would the woman really want to go about 'feminine' business on rag week with serveral hairy arrsed blokes in close proximity.   ???[/quote]

Are you really this ignorant, or just a misogynist?
    For those of you who didn't meet any women until you were well past puberty, so didn't get the chance to ask: if a woman takes the Pill continuously, she doesn't get periods.  I believe Depo Provera jabs have the same effect.
    And by the way, why is it OK to have women closed down in the cab of an MLRS, but not a Challenger 2?

11. Wow, you are upset!!  Perhaps you should cut back on those Depo Provera jabs.

OK you've got us with the last one.  Why is it OK to have women closed down in the cab of an MLRS but not a Challenger 2?  

Answers on a post card please to:

Livid of Larkhill
                Whining-on- the-Gun Park
                Whydowewearayellowlanyard Bks
                Dropshort Strasse
                Ifuckinghatethisplaceitsmytimeofthemonth
                BFPO 40

or e mail : Livid@Ihatemen.com

12. Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, lol.  Briliant brother M. 8) 8) 8) 8)

13. What makes you think I'm a Gunner?
    Sorry, I didn't realize we're meant to be ignorant about all other arms and services, as well as knowing squat about the facts of life...

14. A (female) friend of mine did an FTRS tour with a cav regiment in the early 90s; and spent a chunk of time as a Tp Ldr.

PS The Germans hold a "Leopard Olympics" or somesuch - sort of a CAT for Leopard users. Check out the loader of the 2001 winning, Swedish Army, team....
    http://www.armen.mil.se/index.php?c=news&id=4166

15. mkw

mkw Swinger

What a good idea on those boring graveyard stags, imagine your female gunner turning around to clean your barrel  :D  :D  :D