Women in tank squadrons?

:D Someone please tell me why women should be allowed in Tank squadrons?
My thinking is that due to the manouverist approach encouraging fluid battle fields resulting in no set front lines, which has been proven by the mad dash to Baghdad that the phrase frontline troops is slightly outdated.
Women fly helicopters across the frontline and the introduction of women to tanks could, come as the next logical step.  I do understand the possible strength differences but could be covered by keeping the same entry standards across the board as should be fair.

Imagine being stuck inside a tin can with a woman on rag week!   :-/

I don't know a great deal about tanks, but if you were sealed into one beacuse of an NBC threat, would the woman really want to go about 'feminine' business on rag week with serveral hairy arrsed blokes in close proximity.   ???

Personally I'm all for it.  She could keep the turret clean, make sure the BV was never off for brews.  Open your lager, straight from the tube.  Make the sarnies and the scoff.  She could do your dhobi in the field and best of all, no more cold lonely nights knocking one out in the bivvy.  Blow jobs all round.  Even if she's a pig.it'll be dark and no-one will see her.  And every now and then, let her drive. ;D ;D

I'm nothing to do with the RAC, but I believe the reason why women aren't in Tank crews is to do with the sheer physical strength involved in basic tasks such as changing tracks, cleaning the main armament etc.

You might get more response (positive and negative) if you ask on the Cav thread.

Personally I'm all for it.  She could keep the turret clean, make sure the BV was never off for brews.  Open your lager, straight from the tube.  Make the sarnies and the scoff.  She could do your dhobi in the field and best of all, no more cold lonely nights knocking one out in the bivvy.  Blow jobs all round.  Even if she's a pig.it'll be dark and no-one will see her.  And every now and then, let her drive. ;D ;D
Ma, While i agree with most of the above, would you really hand over control of a shiny Chally 2 to a wench?  I would rather not be anywhere near said tracked vehicle.   ;D   ;D

It keeps them sweet, Pile :D

Come to think of it, wasn't the space shuttle which crashed when the female teacher was driving called 'Challenger'? ???

Indeed it was.   ;D

I would still prefer to be elsewhere when she took control, maybe go for a jolly in whirly bird or something?   ;D

Wasn't it a female tanky in Bos, who unloaded the entire main gun ammo bin at a sniper?

When questioned as to why she she fired 54 rounds

"Because I ran out of ammunition that's why, GOD MEN , you're so thick, yes it is that time of the month, how did you guess" :)

Hi all
Its obviuos to me that you guys arnt aware that a few years ago we employed around 450 women within the RAC and had a trial run with them ACTING as RAC soldiers. They did a shit job, but cos of equal rights and homosexualality we had to keep them on, so the goverment gave them armoured fighting vehicles and also gave them a real girlish name. Their now known as the 9/12th? WHO?
Tally ho old chap

[
I don't know a great deal about tanks, but if you were sealed into one beacuse of an NBC threat, would the woman really want to go about 'feminine' business on rag week with serveral hairy arrsed blokes in close proximity.   ???[/quote]

Are you really this ignorant, or just a misogynist?
For those of you who didn't meet any women until you were well past puberty, so didn't get the chance to ask: if a woman takes the Pill continuously, she doesn't get periods.  I believe Depo Provera jabs have the same effect.
And by the way, why is it OK to have women closed down in the cab of an MLRS, but not a Challenger 2?

[
I don't know a great deal about tanks, but if you were sealed into one beacuse of an NBC threat, would the woman really want to go about 'feminine' business on rag week with serveral hairy arrsed blokes in close proximity.   ???Are you really this ignorant, or just a misogynist?
For those of you who didn't meet any women until you were well past puberty, so didn't get the chance to ask: if a woman takes the Pill continuously, she doesn't get periods.  I believe Depo Provera jabs have the same effect.
And by the way, why is it OK to have women closed down in the cab of an MLRS, but not a Challenger 2?

Wow, you are upset!!  Perhaps you should cut back on those Depo Provera jabs.

OK you've got us with the last one.  Why is it OK to have women closed down in the cab of an MLRS but not a Challenger 2?  

Answers on a post card please to:

Livid of Larkhill
            Whining-on- the-Gun Park
            Whydowewearayellowlanyard Bks
            Dropshort Strasse
            Ifuckinghatethisplaceitsmytimeofthemonth
            BFPO 40

or e mail : Livid@Ihatemen.com

What makes you think I'm a Gunner?
Sorry, I didn't realize we're meant to be ignorant about all other arms and services, as well as knowing squat about the facts of life...

What a good idea on those boring graveyard stags, imagine your female gunner turning around to clean your barrel  :D  :D  :D

:D Someone please tell me why women should be allowed in Tank squadrons?
My thinking is that due to the manouverist approach encouraging fluid battle fields resulting in no set front lines, which has been proven by the mad dash to Baghdad that the phrase frontline troops is slightly outdated.
Women fly helicopters across the frontline and the introduction of women to tanks could, come as the next logical step.  I do understand the possible strength differences but could be covered by keeping the same entry standards across the board as should be fair.
get the squaddie birds in, theyre all gagging for it, even the flickers will let you have a tickle, or maybe you just fancy one of the guys in your crew and you dont want the competition!!! Women can do everything these days, cook, clean, make tea & coffee, ironing, the works. Dont knock em until youve used em.

:lol:

love the quotes and replys! put a smile on my face i can tell ya, thing is , cant see a lass throwing a fin round up a barrel on a ACT or in battle, unless shes big, in which case who cares if she dont get the brews on!!

it will happen no doubt, split arses are on gun crews now, and we have them stinking out warrior 512's!

good for moral tho, but not after 4 weeks on the plain in batus.

they smell the same as kippers you know, but kippers are really nice to eat!

Firstly i think the comments ref 'women's rag week' were said in jest . And if you think there is anything in common between a challenger tank and an mlrs well to be frank you are daft . There is no way a women could operate as a crewPERSON in an armoured regiment . The only people who think that have never been near an armoured regiment . Each track is 2 tonnes its a crew task to fit/shift these . There are loads of reasons why females have no place in the RAC too many to mention .

Not that I'm for chicks in tanks, but they are assumed competent to change tracks on AS-90 and warriors. A nasty weighs almost as much as C2 fully bombed up probably just a little bit more.

There are already women in Tank Sqns. We have 3 females in tank Sqns in my unit. They do a bloody good job, all can and do change tracks, lift heavy stuff etc and they rarely break a nail :)

These females are in the fitter sections. Not one tankie has complained when any of them turn up to do their job, funny that eh?

As has been mentioned previously, there is no 'front line' any more, and if there was, these females would be upto 100km ahead of it anyway.

So, any more reasons why they shouldn't be there?