Women getting pregnant on operations.....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by catherine_r, Apr 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been delving into the current operations in Afghanistan, and I have found that....since 2001. 10 women have become pregnant In The British Army while "serving" in Afghanistan....I find this utterly wrong, disgraceful and a mockery to our purpose in Afghanistan...no wonder it isn't broadcast on the news...it's embarrassing. thats like, 1 a year nearly?! Shameful...
    views please..

2. Should be compulsory aborted and kept on tour for an extra 6 months the war dodging belly pleading bitches!!

I'm not on the fence on this issue.

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I think... no i can't be arrsed.

4. I agree...however, do you feel the men should be punished too?

5. Dont you think theyve suffered enough knowing they have impregnated a fat bird?

6. Except that it has been reported in the media. Shame you had to go to all that trouble with your "delving".

I agree that it's wrong, embarrassing and shouldnt have happened. One a year eh?

7. Disgraceful that they may have got pregnant before deploying or during R&R and found out they were pregnant whilst deployed.

8. How many service women are there out there of child-bearing age? How does that compare with, say, the number of suicides or self-inflicted injuries or psychiatric RTBs? How does it compare with normal accident rates (road, ND, etc)

Or are you complaining that 1 a year is too low?

9. I'm saying even 1 is too many if it is to do with our Armed Forces....we are there to set examples not follow....

10. Definitely done on here before, though wouldn't be surprised if it was holed. I seem to remember some members picked some pretty serious holes in the figures quoted as well, I think much along the lines of what "horridlittleman" was saying.

11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

We?

No examples just bloody ops.

12. British forces are in Afghanistan to show the locals how not to get pregnant? I suppose that COULD work as a strategy, eventually, but wouldn't it take rather a long time?

What do you think about Horridlittleman's point about people unknowingly getting pregnant pre-tour or while on R&R?

13. Once a unit is warned for Ops theres this wonderful little thing called contraception.. and as for getting preggers on R&R... tantamount to desertion in the face of the enemy.

14. I agree with horridlittleman's points that he makes, I just feel though that it would take a good 12 weeks for things to get serious with pregnancy and then that would be end of the tour if it was around R&R so I'm agreeing with him on pre deployment.

15. Depends when R and R is, dullard.