• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Women from The City of Culture 2008-A Tribute?

#3
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
 
#4
still21inmymind said:
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
Because the rest of the country is a utopian paradise where crime is unknown and women aren't orange and dressed in pajamas and ugg boots (ok, that last bit probably is just Liverpool)?

I was listening to Radio Five in the car earlier and they were talking to that girl from Eastenders whose little brother was stabbed (not in Liverpool, strangely). She said there'd been a further seven killings of teenagers with knives since he had died - the vast majority not in Liverpool.
 
#7
still21inmymind said:
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
Just had a quick glance at the BBC news site for Manchestoh! cos thats a real safe place too isn't it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/news/

Makes for interesting reading, had a giggle about the self harm article, says it all about Manchester really
 
#8
scouse_scribes said:
still21inmymind said:
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
Just had a quick glance at the BBC news site for Manchestoh! cos thats a real safe place too isn't it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/news/

Makes for interesting reading, had a giggle about the self harm article, says it all about Manchester really
I thought Liverpool was a suburb of Manchester, have I got that wrong?






(Incoming!!)
 
#9
still21inmymind said:
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
My origins are from DARN SARF. I've worked in many an estate of both Liverpool and Manchester in the last 20 years. In the latter, I felt it necessary to take self defence 'precautions' :wink:
You're a bitter man, so whats pulled you chain?
 
#10
Markintime said:
scouse_scribes said:
still21inmymind said:
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
Just had a quick glance at the BBC news site for Manchestoh! cos thats a real safe place too isn't it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/news/

Makes for interesting reading, had a giggle about the self harm article, says it all about Manchester really
I thought Liverpool was a suburb of Manchester, have I got that wrong?






(Incoming!!)
Little Tinker
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#13
Why is this thread in the Intelligence Cell? Surely Liverpool/Manchester and Intelligence can't possibly go together :twisted:
 
#14
Auld-Yin said:
Why is this thread in the Intelligence Cell? Surely Liverpool/Manchester and Intelligence can't possibly go together :twisted:
And you have as much chance of finding intelligent life on Mars than you have finding culture in Liverpool.
 
#15
The_Cad said:
Auld-Yin said:
Why is this thread in the Intelligence Cell? Surely Liverpool/Manchester and Intelligence can't possibly go together :twisted:
And you have as much chance of finding intelligent life on Mars than you have finding culture in Liverpool.
Q: What is the difference between Liverpool and a pot of yoghurt?

A: Given enough time the yoghurt will develop a culture.
 
#16
Mr_Deputy said:
The one night out I had in Liverpool when I was living in Manc-land I was nervous at first but then all was fine and I thought it was all lies about the violence in L'pool until I saw a lad hit in the mouth with a hammer at about 3am in Toxteth!!! Quite funny him asking to use a phone...he couldn't speak to ask for one let alone use it.
Thats it though isn't it? Toxteth 3 am, Mosside 3am Brixton 3 am st Pauls Bristol 3 am I had my ear cut open on the tube at 6pm on a monday evening in London.

these sort of threads just prove nothing except the thread starter can link a news item up
 
#17
JP47 said:
still21inmymind said:
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
I'd like to give you a pointy welcome fcuking c0ck
Don't sulk, its just as bad here in sh1tty Manchester.
 
#18
Scouse wimmin. From the city of culture? The original chavs.
 
#19
scouse_scribes said:
still21inmymind said:
devexwarrior said:
Your point being precisely...........what?
Just an example of the warm but pointy welcome that awaits those who visit the Sh1tty Of Culture?
Just had a quick glance at the BBC news site for Manchestoh! cos thats a real safe place too isn't it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/news/

Makes for interesting reading, had a giggle about the self harm article, says it all about Manchester really
I have lived in Manchester for over 20 years now, so can fullyunderstand the urge to end it all. As to self-harm, a clever lawyer might argue that this was inevitable and caused by coming to this maggot ridden chav ranch in the first place. I picked up more scars and injuries working in a Manchester pub for 3 months than during 18 years service.
 
#20
Mr_Deputy said:
scouse_scribes said:
Mr_Deputy said:
The one night out I had in Liverpool when I was living in Manc-land I was nervous at first but then all was fine and I thought it was all lies about the violence in L'pool until I saw a lad hit in the mouth with a hammer at about 3am in Toxteth!!! Quite funny him asking to use a phone...he couldn't speak to ask for one let alone use it.
Thats it though isn't it? Toxteth 3 am, Mosside 3am Brixton 3 am st Pauls Bristol 3 am I had my ear cut open on the tube at 6pm on a monday evening in London.

these sort of threads just prove nothing except the thread starter can link a news item up
true enough about the wee hours. how did u end up with a cut ear? (serious question) did u try and mug an evening standard vendor? (dumb scouse-based joke.)
I was on the Northern Line just coming into Archway, stood up next to 3 lads, one of them made a comment on my portly stature and which point I decided to transmit instead of minimise. As they went to leave the train one of them had a go and I retaliated by head butting him and breaking his nose, his mate however, hit me with the plastic carrier bag he was carrying.

I hear you all asking how did a carrier bag cut my ear? Well it was wrapped around an angle grinder and it nice and neatly sliced my ear open.

Hurt like a b&*%$£d

edited for mong spelling
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top