Women 'bearing the brunt of war'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/4077581.stm

Amnesty International says women and girls are being targeted in conflicts around the world while the authorities do little or nothing to prevent it.
In a report called Lives Blown Apart, the organisation says these crimes persist because those who commit them know prosecutions are rare.

Despite promises, treaties and legal mechanisms, governments have failed to protect women and girls, Amnesty says.

It cites conflicts in Colombia, Iraq, Sudan, Chechnya, Nepal and Afghanistan.

The human rights group says its investigations have found that violence against women is not just a by-product of war, but often a deliberate military strategy, with women particularly targeted in ethnic cleansing campaigns
Newsflash for Amnesty International

It was ever so...

these guys really do have their head in one of three places...

1. up their @rrse!!!
2. Buried in the sand.
3. In cloud cuckoo land!

Since when were women and children not the single most likely groups to suffer from war. After all most men would fight back and women and kids tend not to be able to!

I just hope that they are not intentionally tarring the coalition with this same big sticky brush, as in no way do the coalition deliberately aim to hurt or kill women or children.

Thats left for people like saddam, bin laden and martin mcguiness!!

agent smith

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Agent_Smith said:

I just hope that they are not intentionally tarring the coalition with this same big sticky brush, as in no way do the coalition deliberately aim to hurt or kill women or children.

Thats left for people like saddam, bin laden and martin mcguiness!!

agent smith
Plus Mugabe & his Fifth Brigade in Matabeleland

:evil:

chimera

LE
In the First World War 80% of casualties were combatants

In the Second War World war 50% of casualties were combatants

By the 1990s 10% of war casualties were combatants

I suspect looking at the recent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq that the proportion is now down into single figures.

A cynic might say that in 2004 the safest place to be in a war zone is in the Army.