Women at Sandhurst/in the army...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Bex22, Nov 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone. I am new today on here because I have been trying to look for information and can't find it so thought I'd ask directly.

I am at Uni and am set on joining the army afterwards.

I would like to know what it is like for women in the army. I am not particularly 'pink and fluffy' but nor am I a tomboy. Also, do men and women train and work together and pass out together??

Thank you in advance!!

Becky :)

2. Hi Bex. In terms of training together, all the girls in one Sandhurst intake will be put in a platoon together, but as far as I know that's the only time when it's segregated. How far along are you in your application?
    Best of luck
    C_W

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

See if you can find a copy of the series 'Guns N' Roses' from 2000. It was 6 1/2 hour episodes covering a girls Pln through their year at RMAS, and was reasonably OK IIRC. There's bound to be a copy on Youtube or somewhere similar if you look hard enough. There was a follow up series a bit later as well.

That'll only cover your training, and it's obviously pre AFG, but it's probably still worth watching.

4. Thanks C_W.
    I am nowhere in it yet. I am in my 2nd year of Uni and have recently decided that this is what I want to do (I always wanted to be a copper) and so am currently gathering as much information as possible.
    I am going to ring the local AFCO to try and arrange a meeting soon and I want to talk to them about the Undergraduate Army Officer Bursary and joining my local UOTC - think I might be too late 'cause sign up was in Oct but I didn't know anything about it then....maybe have to wait until next year.

Thanks for the tip Gremlin. Will definitely be looking that up.

Bex.

5. I have just watched Soldier Girls: The Road To Afghanistan.

It was very interesting.

6. Bex it is par for the course that your photograph be attached to one of your first 4 posts on here, not your fault !!! it is an obscure rule hidden away..

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't know how to... :(

8. Check your private messages Bex

9. hi, sorry, I know you posted this a long time ago but I can't seem to find a copy of that programme, do you have any idea where I might find it? Thanks

10. Don't watch Guns and Roses - a biased and pathetic look at women at Sandhurst. Esp a certain unnamed female, still serving today, who cries when she can't put her gas mask on in 9secs. I was there when a certain female cadet won the sword of honour, she was in my platoon. The ACIO should hold a more up to date video - I advise you get hold of a copy of that and try and get on some familiarisation days where you can get a real 'look at life'.

11. Girls crying at Sandhurst, no that never happens...! They do the same course as well... No really!

In fairness I did see a male cadet in my platoon crying, but he was exceptionally weak and very jack. Needless to say, he did not commission with us.

Just remind us what percentage of the Guns and Roses platoon ended up running off with their SNCOs or got hoofed out/jumped before they were pushed some similar misdemeanour.

12. I've actually gazed upon the penis which was slid (repeatedly) into one of the Guns & Roses females.

Apparently the recipient was not a huge fan of bumfoolery.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi Bex, sorry to have to tell you but women don't serve in the Army. It's a man's life. I'm sure the RAF take women though so maybe give them a try.

Good Luck!

14. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Any idea where I can find a copy? At university, I came across one of the cadets in that programme. Unsuprisingly, she was no longer serving due to certain Troop staffy related indiscretions.