Women are Women & Men are Men

The ones that turned the white ones pink when you buggered up the wash?

Memory jog:- Her indoors washed both items together, and when I rocked up at the trim veg at Bokenforda, , In pink kit, I got a massive Round of applause, and cat calls from the lads, and a bollocking from the PTI.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Goodness sakes. Surely you lot know that issued kit only comes in two sizes - Too fcuking big, or too fcuking small. :-D

[DRIFT]A chap that I knew was attached to Colonel Bobs outfit for a period after the Yugoslavian debacle. He and the other subbies of the unit were watching the News when the Colonel was suddenly featured in a story (something innocuous or possibly even positive ISTR), "Colonel! Colonel! You are on TV" they chorused. This was greeted from the next room by a loud sigh and the words "Oh God, What Have I done now?"
[/DRIFT]

EDIT Spelling innocuous correctly was a bit ambitious apparently.
I was in MB at the time and his apparent ‘look at me’ approach to the cameras wasn’t very well received by the grown-ups, particularly when he was filmed carrying sacks of rations with his toms. A person less averse to getting his mug in the camera would be very hard to imagine, IMHO.

Chef

LE
Goodness sakes. Surely you lot know that issued kit only comes in two sizes - Too fcuking big, or too fcuking small. :-D
i always thought it was four sizes, too big and two small:)

My son and heir had his neck broken and shoulder knackered having been pushed after wounding from a compound roof. The body armour was the culprit and that mass of wounding accumulated from the 14ft fall was worse than the GSW. O for the bloody ladder!
Hope he made a good recovery.

This looks at the physiological build of a (naturally born women) and relates to their build up. At last someone has thrown the PC aspect out the window to design kit for each Sex.

"Defence scientists are studying the impact of load-bearing equipment as the first women prepare to start training for infantry units. The recruits will be expected to pass the same rigorous tests as their male colleagues at the Army’s Infantry Training Centre in Catterick. Studies show female hearts and lungs are 25 percent smaller and bone density thinner, raising the likelihood of stress fractures in legs and hips. "
Women are weaker than men ? who`d have thunk it , thats not very inclusive , disgusting .

Hope he made a good recovery.
Sadly not. The neck was missed, as in the medics at The QE missed it and the fracture was discovered 6 months later after he was spinal boarded off whilst playing Rugby for the Armoured Division at Catterick.
His hand glowed like a christmas tree with shrapnel shards after an X ray suggested by his GP shortly after he left the Army. For the previous 2 years he had been receiving physio for the wrist and yet was still working as a gunner in an MBT.
So there are some medics out there who sadly failed big time namely the team at the QE and a particularly inept prat of an MO - rant over!

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
What is this BCH?
I remember the blasted gutties of the 70s and the damage they did.
Boots Combat High, successors to your boot they laced up half way up your calf thus locking your ankle quite a bit.

Surely that was just due to not lacing up correctly in one of the many approved weird patterns which also stopped Gurkhas slitting your throat apparently.

I don't know; you'll be claiming that they were very cheap nasty boots with hard plastic soles that caused fillings to drop out and knees to splinter if you mistakenly jumped out of a helibedford and could give you trench foot in a dry June (which would be your fault no matter how many pairs of fresh socks and foot power you used) next.

And breathe.
I'm only repeating what medics told us when they said we had to stop running our BFT in them. Bratmedic seems to think they were worse than I was told.

Body armour is supposedly tailored to you so the Dorises get their own version with room for ladybumps, however as it just sits on your shoulders it still knacks your back if you walk around a lot.
Which they rarely do and seems to result in an increase of posterior adipose tissue.
Interesting because in the middle ages back and breast plate sets were designed to also sit on your hips to spread the load, which rather proves my point about improved design for everyone.

This was greeted from the next room by a loud sigh and the words "Oh God, What Have I done now?"
Nobody had the guts to reply, "Wasn't it your interpreter, Sir?"

I was once told that 58 pattern kit was designed by a woman (maybe she hated men?) Who lived in Arundel (where I lived when I joined up)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was once told that 58 pattern kit was designed by a woman (maybe she hated men?) Who lived in Arundel (where I lived when I joined up)
Was the female version not simply reversing the yoke?

And the research might just lead to changes in male kit as well. Some of us are old enough to remember BCH and the shin splint issues they caused.

BCH? I was issued ammo boots when I joined
What is this BCH?
I remember the blasted gutties of the 70s and the damage they did.
Ah... broon gutties... and the green canvas and rubber jungle boots (which lasted one patrol) of the '50s and '60s... we were also issued brown basketball boots in tropical climes too (hi-top broon gutties). I was extremely fortunate never suffered from blisters, shin splints, etc., during my service... then again I'm from the generation that survived rickets, polio, and sundry other ailments that children had to step around back then... in later years I had to have knees replaced though!

I was in MB at the time and his apparent ‘look at me’ approach to the cameras wasn’t very well received by the grown-ups, particularly when he was filmed carrying sacks of rations with his toms. A person less averse to getting his mug in the camera would be very hard to imagine, IMHO.
Nobody had the guts to reply, "Wasn't it your interpreter, Sir?"
From the tone of the dit he seemed to be regarded with some affection by the mess at that point because of his reputation. Didn't talk on it long enough to get any actual detail,

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Surely that was just due to not lacing up correctly in one of the many approved weird patterns which also stopped Gurkhas slitting your throat apparently.

I don't know; you'll be claiming that they were very cheap nasty boots with hard plastic soles that caused fillings to drop out and knees to splinter if you mistakenly jumped out of a helibedford and could give you trench foot in a dry June (which would be your fault no matter how many pairs of fresh socks and foot power you used) next.

And breathe.
Decent insoles were a good buy , perhaps needing a slightly bigger.broader fit

Latest Threads