Women are Women & Men are Men

This looks at the physiological build of a (naturally born women) and relates to their build up. At last someone has thrown the PC aspect out the window to design kit for each Sex.

"Defence scientists are studying the impact of load-bearing equipment as the first women prepare to start training for infantry units. The recruits will be expected to pass the same rigorous tests as their male colleagues at the Army’s Infantry Training Centre in Catterick. Studies show female hearts and lungs are 25 percent smaller and bone density thinner, raising the likelihood of stress fractures in legs and hips. "

This looks at the physiological build of a (naturally born women) and relates to their build up. At last someone has thrown the PC aspect out the window to design kit for each Sex.

"Defence scientists are studying the impact of load-bearing equipment as the first women prepare to start training for infantry units. The recruits will be expected to pass the same rigorous tests as their male colleagues at the Army’s Infantry Training Centre in Catterick. Studies show female hearts and lungs are 25 percent smaller and bone density thinner, raising the likelihood of stress fractures in legs and hips. "
And the research might just lead to changes in male kit as well. Some of us are old enough to remember BCH and the shin splint issues they caused.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
And the research might just lead to changes in male kit as well. Some of us are old enough to remember BCH and the shin splint issues they caused.
Plus stress fractures of the Fibula.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Well said.

I don't tend to read all the scientific blah, as the likelihood of any women actually wanting to do an infantry role is pretty remote. But your point is a good one.

More importantly, what about female police officers? Quite often in a far more dangerous situation than any hypothetical infantry role ...

Surely that was just due to not lacing up correctly in one of the many approved weird patterns which also stopped Gurkhas slitting your throat apparently.

I don't know; you'll be claiming that they were very cheap nasty boots with hard plastic soles that caused fillings to drop out and knees to splinter if you mistakenly jumped out of a helibedford and could give you trench foot in a dry June (which would be your fault no matter how many pairs of fresh socks and foot power you used) next.

And breathe.

Well said.

I don't tend to read all the scientific blah, as the likelihood of any women actually wanting to do an infantry role is pretty remote. But your point is a good one.

More importantly, what about female police officers? Quite often in a far more dangerous situation than any hypothetical infantry role ...
Body armour is supposedly tailored to you so the Dorises get their own version with room for ladybumps, however as it just sits on your shoulders it still knacks your back if you walk around a lot.
Which they rarely do and seems to result in an increase of posterior adipose tissue.

Body armour is supposedly tailored to you so the Dorises get their own version with room for ladybumps, however as it just sits on your shoulders it still knacks your back if you walk around a lot.
Which they rarely do and seems to result in an increase of posterior adipose tissue.
My son and heir had his neck broken and shoulder knackered having been pushed after wounding from a compound roof. The body armour was the culprit and that mass of wounding accumulated from the 14ft fall was worse than the GSW. O for the bloody ladder!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Perhaps that's "hobby bobbies" you're thinking of ....

The current IDF issue vest has a kind of hip belt rig to help divide the weight between shoulders and hips

Just back from a run and found the mind wandering back. Do they still issue those revolting bright red PT tops?

Surely that was just due to not lacing up correctly in one of the many approved weird patterns which also stopped Gurkhas slitting your throat apparently.

I don't know; you'll be claiming that they were very cheap nasty boots with hard plastic soles that caused fillings to drop out and knees to splinter if you mistakenly jumped out of a helibedford and could give you trench foot in a dry June (which would be your fault no matter how many pairs of fresh socks and foot power you used) next.

And breathe.
When Bob Stewart was one of the captains training my company at Sandhurst, he said that I should stop dubbining my boots DMS in the field as it rotted the stitching. Needless to say the soles wore through before the stitches gave out, despite my continuing best efforts.

The ones that turned the white ones pink when you buggered up the wash?
Thats the one. First issued in 1936 at a guess.........

..matched with the dark blue shorts that never fit anyone ever.
I'm assuming they get nice modern fibres now with good wicking qualities, as opposed to the ones that absorbed and retained sweat...... Are they still bright red though is the question.

When Bob Stewart was one of the captains training my company at Sandhurst, he said that I should stop dubbining my boots DMS in the field as it rotted the stitching. Needless to say the soles wore through before the stitches gave out, despite my continuing best efforts.
[DRIFT]A chap that I knew was attached to Colonel Bobs outfit for a period after the Yugoslavian debacle. He and the other subbies of the unit were watching the News when the Colonel was suddenly featured in a story (something innocuous or possibly even positive ISTR), "Colonel! Colonel! You are on TV" they chorused. This was greeted from the next room by a loud sigh and the words "Oh God, What Have I done now?"
[/DRIFT]

EDIT Spelling innocuous correctly was a bit ambitious apparently.

Last edited:

Latest Threads