Women and Technology

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Enigma266, Apr 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As we know these two words do not go well together. As I am a member of the former category I will freely admit that for an intelligent woman I bloody hate technology.

So I turn to the wise of Arrse for some advice please. I need a lap top mainly for work but also access to the net, photos that kind of stuff. I would also like to go wireless.

So my questions are these. What sort would you recommend bearing in mind my use. What are the main things I need to look for and the differences in price and how that would affect me. Also, wireless, I know nothing about it apart from it allows me to access the net from anywhere.

2. Get a copy of May 08 Computer Shopper out now. They have a section devoted to laptop purchase, min specs for specific use etc. V useful.
  3. While reading this, you must remember to not to forget breathing while reading i know your head cannot handle too many functions but it is a must - and i will not be held responsible.

Well if your intelligent (<-- IQ is intelligence not the number of people who slept with) you will realise for starters it needs a webcam (a fancy camera thing - you cant eat it ) so you can do live shows (naked with a friend(female) or toys preferably) , go on PC world pronounced :pEEESAYY WOLD's website ( a website is an adress you type in that white bar at the top) and they have some cracking deals on for office laptops with WI-FI.

Glad to help.
  4. Grab a helmet Callum, I think you're about to get some incoming....
  5. Callum, no offence but I did mention the wise members of Arrse....unfortunately you dont seem to fit that category. But thanks so much for the advice.

Cheers pronto_mike_uniform. Much appreciated
  6. I've always stuck with normal pc's but bought the technically inferior her indoors a Mac for crimbo and it's the dogs dangley bits!
    Great for her doing work/girly things (not sure what www.hunglike a mule.com is tho :? )
    Its really good for photo sharing, making greeting cards,calenders and that stuff too, and you get a great website tool so you can show the world your wonderful family :D or pictures of you in the buff :twisted: