Women and pubs?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Finished work yesterday and headed into town. Missed my bus by 2 mins and thought fcuk it, time for a pint.

Got to pub, ordered beer and sat down. On looking around I noticed that although it was quite busy, all the customers were blokes, apart from a coffin dodger drinking sparkling water.

Why is it that blokes are quite happy to go for a beer after work but women don't?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
She doesn't count. She was old enough to be my mother, and I am an old git.

B_AND_T said:
Finished work yesterday and headed into town. Missed my bus by 2 mins and thought fcuk it, time for a pint.

Got to pub, ordered beer and sat down. On looking around I noticed that although it was quite busy, all the customers were blokes, apart from a coffin dodger drinking sparkling water.

Why is it that blokes are quite happy to go for a beer after work but women don't?
it's because they have to rush home and cook dinner for us :twisted:

Because they know it's their job to get home & get tea cooked/iron/clean/clean their vadge ready for when the man gets home.

It's the law.

I just think that, like your good self, men dont think of going into a pub alone for a drink. If a woman had done what you did and you saw her in the pub, alone, you'd think she was on the pull rahter than just enjoying a drink to pass the time. You would wouldnt you.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fair point! But there were not even 2 of them drinking together.

Sure you weren't in a gay bar?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
No! My anal passage is still in the mode that it was designed for. Just a normal city centre pub, and no I wasn't in Brighton.

Birds tend to go to a coffee house for refreashment, it's not because they don't want to be seen as being on the pull, it's beause pubs don't serve cake. :)

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
But then I suppose we all know that women in pubs are just after c0ck anyway. Not wanting to generalise of course.

My last job was managing a team of 18 women (22 - 54 yrs of age). They couldn't wait for the "putties off" bell to hit the nearest boozer and abuse the alchopops. God help any "Man-Meat" (their words) that got in their way or that they fancied. I shudder just thinking about the damage they could do and their capacity for alcohol.

I didn't go with them often. They scared me a little bit, being as I was their manager and had to keep up the professional image etc etc, harumph.

Aren't we supposed to be waiting at home to nag you when you get in :wink:

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
a_nony_mouse said:
Aren't we supposed to be waiting at home to nag you when you get in :wink:
Who let you talk?

B&T, obviously you haven't drunk in any City of London pubs, most nights they are full of groups of women, not necessarily on the pull, but deffo having a few wets and a laugh after work.

B_AND_T said:
That'd be a first.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
B_AND_T said:
Because we dont need to rush home, shower, wash hair, put Gloria Gaynor on the stereo, ring bestest mate and giggle for an hour whilst applying slap, curling eyelashes and warming up the Carmens only to find a ladder in best pair of tights and burst into tears.

What do I win?

a_nony_mouse said:
B_AND_T said:
That'd be a first.
Get it right, bird, that'd be THE first :lol:

B_AND_T said:
But then I suppose we all know that women in pubs are just after c0ck anyway. Not wanting to generalise of course.
That was a very low blow.

Not all of us want to pick up when we go to the pub. If I want to be left alone when I am having a drink I read my book / magazine / paper

Anyway the pub is too classy for me to pick up from. I tend to pick up out of the gutter at the front of the pub.... That's how I met my boyfriend it's lasted 3 years. :D