Women and pubs?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by B_AND_T, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Finished work yesterday and headed into town. Missed my bus by 2 mins and thought fcuk it, time for a pint.

Got to pub, ordered beer and sat down. On looking around I noticed that although it was quite busy, all the customers were blokes, apart from a coffin dodger drinking sparkling water.

Why is it that blokes are quite happy to go for a beer after work but women don't?

2. Surely there was one behind the bar for you to focus on?

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

She doesn't count. She was old enough to be my mother, and I am an old git.

4. it's because they have to rush home and cook dinner for us :twisted:

5. Because they know it's their job to get home & get tea cooked/iron/clean/clean their vadge ready for when the man gets home.

It's the law.

6. I just think that, like your good self, men dont think of going into a pub alone for a drink. If a woman had done what you did and you saw her in the pub, alone, you'd think she was on the pull rahter than just enjoying a drink to pass the time. You would wouldnt you.

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Fair point! But there were not even 2 of them drinking together.

8. Sure you weren't in a gay bar?

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No! My anal passage is still in the mode that it was designed for. Just a normal city centre pub, and no I wasn't in Brighton.

10. Birds tend to go to a coffee house for refreashment, it's not because they don't want to be seen as being on the pull, it's beause pubs don't serve cake. :)

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

But then I suppose we all know that women in pubs are just after c0ck anyway. Not wanting to generalise of course.

12. My last job was managing a team of 18 women (22 - 54 yrs of age). They couldn't wait for the "putties off" bell to hit the nearest boozer and abuse the alchopops. God help any "Man-Meat" (their words) that got in their way or that they fancied. I shudder just thinking about the damage they could do and their capacity for alcohol.

I didn't go with them often. They scared me a little bit, being as I was their manager and had to keep up the professional image etc etc, harumph.

13. Aren't we supposed to be waiting at home to nag you when you get in :wink:

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Who let you talk?

15. B&T, obviously you haven't drunk in any City of London pubs, most nights they are full of groups of women, not necessarily on the pull, but deffo having a few wets and a laugh after work.