Women and Children first

Discussion in 'RLC' started by spartan5762, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone else get the feeling the beloved Corps is going downhill at the moment?.
    Been doing this job 13 years (Dvr by trade) and the fact that we have no money Tours are extending to 2 years by the time Oc's impress Co's with thier build up training (often bearing no meaning whatsoever to what happens on the ground!) and commonwealth soldiers have more rights than the Monarchy (not Shaving,Saluting,Turning up,Listening,Sweeping,Cleaning Working or carrying out any other basic Army skills that as Toms is thier job to do!!!) that maybe now something is going to have to give?.
    Saw a WO1 last week ignore the fact a Commonwealth soldier had his hands in his pockets and then fire into a SNCO in front of said Pte for not having a TRF on his smock (guy had just come back from an Ex and was in his Rhodesian bounty hunter kit).
    When I spoke to my OC ref state of play (he was asking why I tend to go off on one a lot these days) he just started going on about how important TRF's were to the RLC??????????????? WTF.
    I see the Infantry and they give the JNCO's the ability to get things done however we shall soon be recapbadging to the PCC (Politically Correct Corps) and shall be getting every free loader/Cant be arsed little shit transfer in to tell JNCO's to F**k off.
    The Army has to change with the times I agree (foolish to think otherwise) but do we have to go so far as a Corps so blindly?
    Apologies in advance for the rant and rave but surely it cant just be me who feels like this? If it is its time to get my coat methinks :evil:

2. I take it your a JNCO?

I'm not sure how you have managed to get on a PC at 09.13am (Unless your on leave which is a bit sad)

How about getting your Arrse off the PC and getting on the shop floor to grip your so called "Free loaders" unless we all get involved the situation will never change.

If your a SNCO I suggest taking a chill pill whilst completting a grammer Cse at your local AEC, I hope your not involved in MS!

A bit negative for your 4th post!

3. That's a bit harsh MMS....

I'm glad you've contributed to this post in such a constructive way.

Spartan - This is the way things are going I'm afraid. It was heading that way when I left a couple of years ago. Even in civvy street it is happening. I'm a great believer in fairness and giving people a 'fair go' as the aussies put it. But, there is a line and I think we're so way over it, it's not funny.

4. Lyse

5. Git!

There is always one armed with the red pen!

6. Thou shalt reap what thou has sowest Moon Monkey Spunk :)

Make sure your powder is dry eh? :rofl:

7. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats a good one, Telling someone to go on the shop floor and getting a grip, When we all know that when you want to charge someone the hierachy shits a brick and prevents you for doing so. Where its important that we respect other peoples rights it doesn't matter if their not doing there job because hey its the JNCOs who have to put up with it the SNCOs can just sit in their office and not get involved because they wouldn't like to be called prejudiced.

8. Might as well join the queue of smartarrses :)

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Whats the problem I was a 252 magnet when I served, Agai was something that governed adventure training in my day!

10. Bugger-no chance of a carer as a prof redear for me

Lyse

11. Of course its negative thats the whole point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and out of curiosity why is it sad to be on a PC on leave? Should I be out getting smashed and throwing up everywhere?
    And yeah its my 4th quote as normally I enjoy reading everyone elses including yours (you did make yourself look a bit of a t##t with this one though mate)

12. Did I ever confess to not being a Tw*t!

Yes, I think you need to get out and get smashed mate, why worry about RLC discipline problems during leave? (I do think that bit is sad!)

Guess I'll take one for the team on this thread! LOL.

13. Which team are you on about spunk monkey? The guy was just having a rant and you pee'd on his fire. To be honest, his points were valid as are his concerns.

Remember, you are not your post count. :roll:

14. Right,
    At the risk of being accused of biting I will have to reply. I am not a "Post counter" however, I may not have put my point across very well, I tend to post "from the hip" rather than certain types that script their posts and cut and paste onto a Word document just to speeell check!

What I was trying to put across is the fact that the Corps is what we make it, good or bad. A few instances.

1. Gripe No 1 - If discipline is a major problem within your unit, than it is up to you/us to solve it, the tools are there. I am not blaming the person that started the thread of turning a blind eye but it happens and shame on any JNCO/SNCO/OFF that do this, if you let yourself ignore the problem you are a major part of the problem.

2. Gripe No 2 - The thread started with " Does anyone else get the feeling the beloved Corps is going downhill at the moment?." This, I feel, is a major understatement, just look at this months Corps Journal, the Photo's full of CLPs (No, not a Cpl I mean a Combat Logistic Patrol!) in Afghan/Public duties/Medal parades and many major operational awards. If the editor has recently been through OPTAG (UK) he will realise how much the Infantry are respecting the role we play and are actively seeking our advice. We have now got two RLC capbadged soldiers teaching "Actions on" at OPTAG.

3. No 3 - The original post stated - "and the fact that we have no money Tours are extending to 2 years by the time Oc's impress Co's with their build up training (often bearing no meaning whatsoever to what happens on the ground!)" I'm not sure what a "No money tour" is, but I've never known a two year build up for a tour. Most of us complete two tours in this time! OCs do not and should not run PDT as the majority are not current and competent (A good OC will lean on his SNCO's / Screws that have experience), once again this is down to the SNCO's and good screws ability to guide the Trg to suit the tour (I may sound idealistic but my Regt (RLC) have completed Iraq and Afghan in 18 months and the Trg and commitment was second to none)

4. No 4 gripe - Saw a WO1 last week ignore the fact a Commonwealth soldier had his hands in his pockets and then fire into a SNCO in front of said Pte for not having a TRF on his smock (guy had just come back from an Ex and was in his Rhodesian bounty hunter kit). WTF is Rhodesian bounty hunter kit? I applaud the RSM or WO1 whatever, how can he pick up a Pte (No matter what background he has) for being sloppy if said SNCO is not at the same standard? Just because he has been on Ex does not excuse him of wearing the correct dress Regs, is he "One of them" I think not.
    What is the difference between a Pte having his hands in his pockets and a SNCO not dressed correctly? In my books the SNCO should be pulled up as a matter of principle. Good to see that this particular RSM/WO1 still has the moral courage to do so.

5. Last one -
    I see the Infantry and they give the JNCO's the ability to get things done however we shall soon be Re-capbadging to the PCC (Politically Correct Corps) and shall be getting every free loader/Cant be arsed little s*** transfer in to tell JNCO's to F**k off.
    Are we not all in the same army, with the same discipline procedures? If your unit or your fellow JNCO's are scared or unsure how to enforce discipline correctly then once again you are at fault. The Inf have exactly the same guidelines as us and a CIVILIAN joins the army, it is up to us to train him/her to what we expect. To blame them for indiscipline is blaming ourselves.

My point? Maybe I am lucky to be in a Sqn/Regt that just seems to get on with it, maybe it is because I'm in Germany and there seems to be more of a sense of "Espirit de Corps" out here. or maybe its because I am not adverse to changing the opinion of JNCO and certain SNCOs that prefer to whinge and whine about the state of the Corps rather than sorting their own backyard out (Taking the easy way out).
    If we all got to grips with our Section/Troop/Sqn/Regt than we would not feel as some of us do, with good examples of self discipline the rest of the Corps will, in time, follow suit.

Or maybe I'm just a C*ck that deserves a bit of abuse but I really don't give a f*ck because my Troop are loving the RLC!

Coat on, taxi waiting!

15. Mate fair one.

Firstly wasn't meaning to throw a particular stun grenade amongst the Corps members however as quite rightly pointed out different units do have a certain difference amongst the members of various Squadrons/Troops etc.
    My arguments have relevance certainly within the last two Units served at Abingdon (No suprise there) and Aldershot.
    As regards your reponses MMS you obviously work in a unit that functions as it should and good effort to you, myself I am sick and tired of being one of the only SNCO's that is prepared to put his neck out to grip people in the way I feel they should be gripped however where do you go when a certain WOII at my place shrugs his shoulders and says he cant be bothered to AGAI someone as he has to go and play golf???? WTF.
    As for if I have been through OPTAG got offered one of the posts down there but turned it down as to far to travel to see daughter (I do know the guys good blokes).
    The operational tempo of the RLC is the highest that it has been for years and I am in agreement that we are doing the jobs we should have been doing for ages (done two FP team commanders over a year and a half myself so know the drill) but the difference is the attitude of the toms because the guys know we have spineless (yes sir no sir promote me sir) jellyback bastards they push the envelope.
    I honestly believe if every JNCO/SNCO/officer did the job correctly the Corps would be first rate but MY OWN OPINION is that a few good people in each unit hold it together so the jellbacks dont have to.
    Rhodesian bounty hunter kit MMS is Ex kit that looks like you have been dragged through Rhodesia not incorrect kit!.
    Oh yeah as for getting pissed on leave thats tomorrow for the Rugby ha ha ha.

Cheers for the response guys especially MMS (good points brother) if anyone would like to know the special unit this is then by all means drop a PM.
    And for those of you with a red pen poised to pick up my spelling please do I will pay as much attention to it as I do to RLC jellback bastards of all ranks "Sorry what was that?".

"In times of panic stress and disorganisation or when something out of the ordinary has to be demanded the role of the Commander is essential"Rommel