Women allowed to serve on Submarines from 2013

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Dec 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Breaking news on BBC. No link yet.

That'll make some matelots happy. I was always under the impression that there were sound scientific radiological reasons why women couldn't serve on pigboats.
  2. Washing up wont do itself
  3. 'cos all Sailors are queer!
  4. That's just an old poofter's tale. I have it on perfectly good authority that some of them are bisexual.
  5. My mum been talking shit again?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I just knew that I should have stuck this in the Naafi.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Speaking of which, where's Ravers these days?
  8. People are subject to more radiation on an aircraft than they would be on a nuclear submarine. The real reason was the effect of carbon dioxide on unborn children.
  9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I suspect that the real reason has nothing to do with CO2, or offering women equal opportunities and all to do with too few volunteers for submarine service. It's the primary reason they sent women to sea in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Will they force women to take pregnancy tests before sailing?
  11. I doubt it..... do they force sailors to take bumnancy tests before sailing ?
  12. Yes, yes they do!
  13. Dunno what the effects of a stretched hoop are on combat effectivness but if a bird was Keith Cheggers when setting off on a 6 month cruise then she would have to be taken off ship at some point which means sub leaves patrol area to either get her airlifted or to a dock. Either way the lads get fucked about big time