Woman who strangled hit man to get police commendation...

Don't fook with Susan Kuhnhausen, she is clearly nails....

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Portland police are giving a woman who killed the hit man hired by her estranged husband an award for "sheer determination."

The man surprised Susan Kuhnhausen in her home in September 2006 and hit her in the head with a claw hammer.

But she wrestled him to the ground and choked him to death.

Michael Kuhnhausen, 58, pleaded guilty in September to conspiring to commit murder. He hired Edward Haffey, 59, whom he had employed as a janitor in an adult bookstore. Haffey had told friends he was going to get $50,000, according to court testimony.

The Portland Police Bureau planned a ceremony Wednesday to honor 85 people and officers for heroism, lifesaving skills or distinguished service. Susan Kuhnhausen, 53, an emergency room nurse is to get a Civilian Medal of Heroism.

"Ms. Kuhnhausen has a peace-loving demeanor and has possessed a very calm and assured composure throughout this arduous event," the bureau said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Good stuff, and good on the girl for strangling the bloke. Did she do it with her thighs I wonder . . .

I can see why the hubby wanted her terminated mind.

Schleswig-Holstein said:
Don't fook with Susan Kuhnhausen, she is clearly nails....

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Portland police are giving a woman who killed the hit man hired by her estranged husband an award for "sheer determination."

The man surprised Susan Kuhnhausen in her home in September 2006 and hit her in the head with a claw hammer.

But she wrestled him to the ground and choked him to death.

Michael Kuhnhausen, 58, pleaded guilty in September to conspiring to commit murder. He hired Edward Haffey, 59, whom he had employed as a janitor in an adult bookstore. Haffey had told friends he was going to get $50,000, according to court testimony.

The Portland Police Bureau planned a ceremony Wednesday to honor 85 people and officers for heroism, lifesaving skills or distinguished service. Susan Kuhnhausen, 53, an emergency room nurse is to get a Civilian Medal of Heroism.

"Ms. Kuhnhausen has a peace-loving demeanor** and has possessed a very calm and assured composure throughout this arduous event," the bureau said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
** So she may but she evidently subscribes to that old maxim:

'If you desire peace, prepare for war!' :D :D :D

Tsk, proposed victim kills the hit man, just can't get the help these days.
PS

amazing__lobster said:
She's lucky she doesn't live on this side of the pond, where she probably would have got a life sentence.
Burgger! When I read the thread (having just had high order detonation in my head over the 73 year old man being arrested!) I thougth this might have been a redress of the balance - but its not its the Septics :(

Pity.

I agree with you - she'd have been strip-searched and be in the pokey by now.

probably get criticsed on certain spam websites for not giving him the good news with a shotgun :roll:

Thinking on't for a bit...

I'm pretty certain she would have been charged with murder over here because, at some point during the strangulation, the 'hitman' would have become incapacitated and, therefore, no longer a threat.

Using a shotgun would have been more acceptable, from a self-defense point of view, and removed all doubt in the matter...

As well as his head! :D

Latest Threads