Woman who married Jew exposed as a concentration camp guard

A German woman who for more than 60 years kept secret her role as a Nazi concentration camp guard, never telling her Jewish husband, has been deported from America after officials uncovered her past.
She said she had volunteered to be a dog handler because it paid more than her job as a factory worker
"Honey, who is this ODESSA person making deposits into our bank account?"

Telegraph link here

Fcuk!! Talk about secrets within marriage, poor bloke.

armchair_jihad said:
Fcuk!! Talk about secrets within marriage, poor bloke.
Doubt it'll bother him too much...

"Relatives of Mrs Rinkel, whose late husband was a German Jew who fled the Holocaust"

lancslad

So, if you're some bint who went walkies round the camps they kick you out, but if you're a rocket scientist or int bod and useful for spying on the ruskies you can come in and stay!

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
So, if you're some bint who went walkies round the camps they kick you out, but if you're a rocket scientist or int bod and useful for spying on the ruskies you can come in and stay!
What's the expression "Welcome to the land of liberty, equality..." :roll:

lancslad

lancslad said:
What's the expression "Welcome to the land of liberty, equality..." :roll:

lancslad
Bet they let the dog stay!

It gets worse than that. What about all the Japanese Biological Scientists the States tried to snap up after WWII?

Taz_786 said:
Did she actually partake in any atrocities or was the mere fact that she was there make her a criminal?
Since when did the US pay any heed to facts??

the_matelot said:
Since when did the US pay any heed to facts??
To be honest the same as everybody else i.e. when it suited them.

Historically I'd guess the UK has been just as bad although this particular US reaction does seem a little over the top. I mean the elderly woman in question was hardly likely to be a focal point of future neo-Nazi activity in the US....:D Another good example of government mandarins making themselves look ridiculous.

lancslad

Taz_786 said:
Did she actually partake in any atrocities or was the mere fact that she was there make her a criminal?
A. Doesn't matter, and B. Yes.

Dog Handling eh? Well it's not Rocket Science is it? Which is a shame for Mrs Rinkel as NASA would have employed her via Operation Paper clip.

Hypocrites.

Praetorian said:
It gets worse than that. What about all the Japanese Biological Scientists the States tried to snap up after WWII?
and actually did snap up, all died of old age in comfortable retirement, courtesy of anti communist hysteria.

the_guru said:
Taz_786 said:
That's akin to saying everyone who lived in Germany between 1933 - 1945 was a Nazi.

Out of interest does anyone know the actual legal position in this particular instance?

lancslad

lancslad said:
the_guru said:
Taz_786 said:
That's akin to saying everyone who lived in Germany between 1933 - 1945 was a Nazi.

Out of interest does anyone know the actual legal position in this particular instance?

lancslad
No it doesn't. She patrolled a Concentration Camp perimeter with a dog. Guilty by association. That makes her guilty by association. And to compare her to a member of the German Civpop in WWII is frankly stupid.

the_guru said:
lancslad said:
the_guru said:
Taz_786 said:

lancslad
No it doesn't. She patrolled a Concentration Camp perimeter with a dog. Guilty by association. That makes her guilty by association. And to compare her to a member of the German Civpop in WWII is frankly stupid.
Suggest you rewind and look again at what you've said. My comment is the same type of logical fallacy that you've used. If mine is "frankly stupid"
then yours is equally weak.

Rather than getting into a ping-pong match on this - lets just see if someone with some actual legal background pops up with an answer. If I'm wrong I'll back down and gracefully apologise - until then...

lancslad

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
She probably lied on her immigration application (i.e. Did you ever work for the government of Nazi Gemany or its affiliates between 1933-45? Don't know if they still ask that question, but they certainly used to) which in itself is sufficient for deportation.

Part 2 it would seem!

Telegraph link

A German woman deported from America for serving as a Nazi concentration camp guard during the Second World War has insisted she "did nothing wrong".

Elfriede Rinkel, 84, said she had every right not to tell anyone, including her Jewish husband, of her past – "that was my business".

She defended her time at the Ravensbrück concentration camp in northern Germany, where an estimated 90,000 people died during the war, saying she worked "outside, not inside" the facility and had only watched inmates so they would not "run away".
If only those on trial at Nuremberg had known to say "none of your business" when probed on their involvement in war crimes & the Holocaust!

lancslad
If she was a guard she'd have to have been an SS Helferin, the SS was declared an outlawed organisation post-war and KZ guards fell into the arrest on sight category

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aufseherin

Don’t try defending the indefensible – I’ve been there, it was no rest home

Latest Threads