Woman soldier not allowed into men-only services social club

Scarletto,
I didn't write it. I posted it because I think it is utterly bizarre that you can be in the forces but not get a drink in a certain section of a club for serving and ex-service personnel, but people with no link to the services can get in, as long as they have got a willie.

I think it was most probably because she is SIB RMP rather than because she is a woman - who would want to drink with the Feds?

It's archaic crap, harking back to the days when people thought what men talked about was too much for sensitive feminine ears. We might hear someone swear or talk about how their dick's gone green or something.

vampireuk said:
Does this mean I can now go to women only fitness sessions? :)
No no, it only works one way. Women are allowed into any all male domain (except the one reported here) yet us males are not allowed in any all women domains. Its called women's rights you know.

vampireuk said:
Beat me to it; there are women-only gyms. If a male soldier complained about not being allowed to join one, how much sympathy do you think he'd get from the papers(or ARRSE for that matter)?

I have no major issues with Equal Rights as long as it works both ways, ladies. :roll:

Cabana said:
vampireuk said:
No no, it only works one way. Women are allowed into any all male domain (except the one reported here) yet us males are not allowed in any all women domains. Its called women's rights you know.
Isn't that spelt wimmin?

Last week Portmarnock Golf Club in north Dublin won a major battle over only allowing men to become full members.

Sexism at the Golf Course

There is similar legislation to the UK over here, regarding the equal status of women, yet they still won.

IMO, this sort of thing is quite bizarre in the 21st century.

vampireuk, cqms, cabana,
unless they were doing naked bar in there, it's not exactly the same argument to compare to women only fitness/classes, swimming sessions where some women go because prefer not to be in a state of semi-undress in male company.
Anyway, you get my point.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
mintymcginty said:
Scarletto,
I didn't write it. I posted it because I think it is utterly bizarre that you can be in the forces but not get a drink in a certain section of a club for serving and ex-service personnel, but people with no link to the services can get in, as long as they have got a willie.
Yes it is a stupid and pointless rule that says a lot about the members of that club. However if it is a private club and if they want to be stupid and pointless I suppose that's their right. It's their loss.

Here's an idea. If you are a woman, get together with a load of your mates, fund raise and start a women's only club. That's how these men only clubs started. They grafted to organise themselves and raise the funds to have the club they wanted, with the rules they wanted.
There is nothing stopping women doing the same and having golf clubs, dining clubs etc for themselves. That is of course ignoring the fact that it is easier to get the courts to give you access to facilities that have already been established by said men's graft.

Latest Threads