Woman pays 1.5Mil to fly with the Red Arrows for H4H.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good on her & a worthy cause!Just hope they leave the cockpit's clean!!

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Now thats a hell of a gesture. A jolly in the back of a fast jet is certainly worth a few quid but thats a LOT of money.
  3. Bloody good on her, what an experience that is going to be for them!
  4. She can afford it, so good on her and the hubby!
  5. Its great to see someone put so much money into such a worthy cause, especially as the money basically comes from a business that serves our armed forces(well, makes its profit from...). Lets hope the publicity is good too!
  6. Still at least they have made their money out of a product that saves lives... and they aren't a contractor out there just fleecing UK PLC for every penny they can get while it lasts....
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

When you think about it it's ironic.
    Her hubbies company sells his goods to the MoD.
    Then they then lives on the 'profits' of such sales
    She then donates £1.5Mil of these 'profits' which goes to a service charity so she can fly in a jet 'owned' by the MoD & flown/maintained by servicemen/women who work for the MoD!
  8. Fantastic amount of money! I wish they'd done it on a 'lottery' style basis though, so those of us who aren't loaded could've stood a chance! I'd have paid a few quid for a ticket and so would virtually EVERYONE i know.
  9. Nice! Well done that woman.
  10. At last years DESI Hesco Bastion had a stand which featured a bar giving out free beer to all British soldiers as a way of saying 'Thanks lads - well done!'.

Hesco made its money by producing a good product that works and is needed.

I would have thought that unlike Guardian journalists people on this site would know the differance between Profit and Profiteering.
  11. Agree with you there BB. Had they sold tickets for a quid a throw, I'm sure, as you are, they would would have sold like hot cakes. This well off family, the Heseldens would probably have bought 1.5m tickets, and stood a very good chance of winning, but at least everyone else would have had at least some chance.

Still, it's the rich wot makes the rools.

12. Any piccies of her?
  13. Well done the lady, hope she and her pals have a reat great time.
  14. I have only warm thoughts for hesco, although the wire is a bit tricky when it gets one on the head.

Big quids, simple idea and putting something back

Fair one I say