Woman killed soldier boyfriend after he came home drunk and held a knife to her son

Quite a grim episode by the sounds of it.

I wonder how big a part (if any) PTSD played in the events that eventually led to this lads death. This is clearly a worst case scenario but perhaps its these types of incidents the government should be forced to sit up and take notice of when it comes to how they intend to deal with our new generation of veterans.

Woman killed soldier boyfriend after he came home drunk and held a knife to her son | Mail Online
Stupid twat deserved to snuff it .... taken out by a weedy skank like that. What's the People's Cavalry coming to?

PTSD may have had nothing to do with it, the guy was just shitfaced it would seem, we have all done it, come home and had a huge row with the missus, this one just got out of hand by the sound of things.

PTSD may have had nothing to do with it, the guy was just shitfaced it would seem, we have all done it, come home and had a huge row with the missus, this one just got out of hand by the sound of things.
Are you on crack? 'We have all done it'? 'It got out hand'? The man held a knife to a 2 year old child.

What's surprising and promising to see is that they didn't even bring charges against her. I wonder if he had been a jobless criminal immigrant or a muslim whether they would have let her off immediately without a trial?

What's surprising and promising to see is that they didn't even bring charges against her. I wonder if he had been a jobless criminal immigrant or a muslim whether they would have let her off immediately without a trial?
She wasn't 'let off' because it was found that no charges were warranted, ie it was determined she acted lawfully. But there was no 'trial', that is the report of an inquest into the death, which is different entirely. I think it is you that needs to lay off the stimulants.

He turned off the lights at the fuse box downstairs, held a knife to their 2 year old son and near enough strangled her.

I've done some daft things while drunk, but I doubt PTSD or alcohol can explain/excuse that behaviour.

Are you on crack? 'We have all done it'? 'It got out hand'? The man held a knife to a 2 year old child.

Given the same circumstances, I imagine 'they' would.

B

Biscuits_AB

Quite a grim episode by the sounds of it.

I wonder how big a part (if any) PTSD played in the events that eventually led to this lads death. This is clearly a worst case scenario but perhaps its these types of incidents the government should be forced to sit up and take notice of when it comes to how they intend to deal with our new generation of veterans.

Woman killed soldier boyfriend after he came home drunk and held a knife to her son | Mail Online
If you read the comments below the article...all is not quite as it appears...and Ray of Derby is on the case. Stand by for developments.

B

Biscuits_AB

Yes. Unless of course you know different and aren't just another angry man on the internet? We haven't had any of them round these here parts for oh, say....20 minutes?

If you read the comments below the article...all is not quite as it appears...and Ray of Derby is on the case. Stand by for developments.
I agree - Ray's the man for the job. After all, before I served in Bosnia I went on an "Un-arm a drunk Bosniak with a large knife, whilst he's got his hands round your throat" course. Very good and would suggest most current soldiers do it.

****ing loon pot. There seems to be a common belief that soldiers (On a serious note) are capable of killing a fully grown man at 50 yards by staring at him and farting? When people ever ask about learning un-armed combat in the army, I mention the fact that we have weapons for a reason, failing that, a bayonet. If you end up having to take put in a milling competition with the Taliban, one of their mates will be along shortly to slot you.

There's one or two gaps here that I'm not comfortable with. First there's no evidence whatsoever to show that he brandished the knife at the child except her word. Second, I'm having difficulty accepting that she was able to disarm a trained soldier who's been on the front line. If you look at both photos, she's only a slip of a thing and to be honest looks like a bout of 'flu would floor her.

- Ray, Derby, 30/11/2011 05:23
I see his point. It's inconceivable that she could have slipped a knife past the defences of a highly skilled RTR ninja. He'd been on the front line which pretty much turns a person into Steven Segal. And if anything, alcohol speeds up your reactions when you're that well trained.

She, on the other hand, looks as though she could be made to feel poorly by influenza.

Plus there's no evidence because the CPS wouldn't have bothered with things like that.

Latest Threads