Woman killed by lettuce

http://news.aol.co.uk/world-news/woman-crushed-to-death-by-lettuce/article/20070201050209990001

Woman crushed to death by lettuce

Lettuce can be heavy when stored in large quantities
- Search: Bizarre deaths

The body of a missing woman has been found in a delivery truck, crushed to death by lettuce.

A dock worker at a grocery store distribution centre found the body of Sheila Kay Ross, 47, three days after she was reported missing in Arizona.

Mrs Ross was pinned inside the truck while it was being loaded, said Dr John Kraemer of the Iowa medical examiner's office.

The cause of death was given as compressional asphyxiation.

Mrs Ross and her husband had gone to the centre to pick up supplies, and Mrs Ross got out of the truck to get paperwork but never returned.

A spokesman for the distribution centre said the lettuce had been destroyed
Got to love the last line.

Salds can kill so, I will stick to pie and chips, far healthier!

EX_STAB said:
Dangerous Salads Act anyone?

I think that 'Salads' is too loose a term.

Dangerous Lettuce Act may well be the way forward.

IMHO natch.

Alsacien

MIA
Wait for the next Home Office initiate: Lettuce licenses - to be based on the dangerous vegetables act.

Any qualified lettuce inspectors out there :thumright:

Leaf the jokes alone on this one.

The lettuce should never have been destroyed!

I knew it, and its family, and I can tell you that it had an incredibly rough time. It was abandoned at an early age and was brought up in a cabbage patch, where it was systematically abused by itinerant carrots.

Later it was introduced to the highly-addictive 'tomato feed', a mind-altering substance that induces paranoia and heightens aggression. It never knew the security of a greengrocer's shelf but instead found itself in a high-security wing of Tesco despite having committed no offence. There it mixed with hardened offenders such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and spinach. In order to survive it had to become like them or go under.

It is society that should bear the blame, not the lettuce.

I've heard of being buried under with work.....but thats ridiculous! :thumleft:

Easy on the salad cream.

Lucky_Jim said:
The lettuce should never have been destroyed!

I knew it, and its family, and I can tell you that it had an incredibly rough time. It was abandoned at an early age and was brought up in a cabbage patch, where it was systematically abused by itinerant carrots.

Later it was introduced to the highly-addictive 'tomato feed', a mind-altering substance that induces paranoia and heightens aggression. It never knew the security of a greengrocer's shelf but instead found itself in a high-security wing of Tesco despite having committed no offence. There it mixed with hardened offenders such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and spinach. In order to survive it had to become like them or go under.

It is society that should bear the blame, not the lettuce.
Bloody tree-hugging(lettuce?) do-gooders.

Terrible. Lettuce all hope this doesn't happen again.

maybe it's cos she wasn't worth it

someone will get a roquette for this

where will the romaines be buried?

Latest Threads