Woman joins Beefeaters at Tower of London

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Attached Files:

2. This story is quite old I believe. I know it's reapearing in the American media, but I'm positive this happened some time ago

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Chief:

The article is just a few minutes old and the local TV media is doing it here tonight. The article if you read it said she had been on the job for two months. So, yes it's old in the UK.

I didn't see anything on this board on her before and was curious about Brit reactions, if any to her assignment to this traditional force.

4. From the picture, seems to me she is the only one who finds this to be funny.

A woman eating beef? Where the hell is the world coming to? Next thing you know, they will be voting at the poll, and driving automobiles....

5. T_W,

Someone far cleverer than me will be able to find the relevant thread - was discussed at length a couple of months ago. Majority reaction on the thread IIRC was "good for her - she meets all the criteria so why shouldn't she do the job".

lancslad

6. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Sounds reasonable to me, afterall its a Ceremonial job any way. I guess it somewhat changes the old traditions involved, but then there is PC to deal with now days. :wink:

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/Beefeaters.htm

7. lol - I was being polite - this isn't the NAAFI :D I can't help it if technology defeats me and having my secretary do it for me would be highly unethical since I'd never learn anything - be too busy staring at her cute little chinese behind bent over my desk... :wink:

lancslad

8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

She does appear to look scarily Fergie like...

9. She says the deep pockets of her uniform were ideal for keeping her Lipstick and make up..

One would think some sort of balaclava would be more appropriate so as not to scare the Rooks away.

10. :D Is it mum of Fergie :?:

11. It is a lot older than 2 months as it hit the headlines in the UK and on arrse when she was accpeted, which was whilst sh was still serving. I know here very well, as do a few other arrsers, she is a ex Warrant Officer AGC

12. PS. And she can hold her own in the bar, an argument and a fight :D

13. Known her for many years. She's a good egg.

14. Doesnt look too bad in the kit ....perhaps should go on thread - 'Women you fanc but shouldn't '...