Woman held over nail bomb art

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Storeman Norman, Apr 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A while ago, on the Int forum, I was having some fun prodding one or two people about the lack of arrests over the Muslim Cartoon protests. Then I read this story and all those chickens came flying home to roost....

Dontcherjus luv being right?
  2. There are some really really STUPID people walking around free.

Places 5 packages in and around London and then claims it is art. Stupid fcuking bitch should be made to go and explain her art to people who have suffered the real effects.
  3. She was arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance and is still being questioned.

And the art was later charged for fraud, impersonating a real piece of art and being shite.

Though it is in line for the next Turner Prize.
  4. Yeah,...but is it art?

Edited to add:
    Damn you MS for being a quicker typist.
  5. Silly bitch, some people should not be allowed out without supervision. :x

The cost of the security operation should be fully covered by her. Art my arrse 8O

6. This is my point exactly. But why was she nicked when a bloke wearing a suicide bomber's rig was allowed to carry on the motion?
  7. Of course it's art. It's the art of being an incredibly stupid un-thinking cnut.

How the fcuk could planting fake nail bombs be 'artistic'? Has the world gone that mad? If it has, someone please ring the bell - I want to get off!
  8. Unbelievable! Hopefully they will punish her as severely as possible. Using a replica weapon in a robbery is treated as seriously as using the real thing, they should apply the same rationale to her.
  9. Art is an institution and that's where the so-called artist belongs, in an institution.
  10. Sorry
  11. Cupid Stunt!
    They should throw the fcuking book at her.
  12. . . . . literally and claim its art.

I'd pay to see that.
  13. Apparently she's a conceptual artist and that's the problem, conception.

Blame her parents.
  14. Words fail me, or at least polite words do.

Someone so divorced from reality as to think this stunt is a valid piece of conceptual art really should be locked up, if not for our good, then for her own.
  15. I'm sure that the couple of hundred fellow Muslim protestors would have just shouted "unlucky, mate, you asked for it" if the Met had just steamed in and nicked him.

In fact, I'm mildly surprised he was not tied up by his mates and handed in at Scotland Yard after having been given a really strong telling off.