Woman held over nail bomb art

A while ago, on the Int forum, I was having some fun prodding one or two people about the lack of arrests over the Muslim Cartoon protests. Then I read this story and all those chickens came flying home to roost....

Storeman Norman said:
I put a link to this morning's Leader in the DT in the 'France Enters Cartoon Row' thread. Sorry - bit of a tw@ttsh moment, should have found this one. Anyway, worth a look.

Just one more point. If I wandered down Oxford Street in a Leprechaun outfit, waving my plastic carrier bag with wires and all sorts of electronic goodies hanging out of it, put said carrier bag outside Selfridges and told a passing copper that I had just planted a bomb. Would I get nicked on the spot?

Yup. Thought so. So why didn't they nick our friend in the suicide bomber's rig? On the spot. There. Then.
Dontcherjus luv being right?

Storeman Norman said:
A while ago, on the Int forum, I was having some fun prodding one or two people about the lack of arrests over the Muslim Cartoon protests. Then I read this story and all those chickens came flying home to roost....

Storeman Norman said:
I put a link to this morning's Leader in the DT in the 'France Enters Cartoon Row' thread. Sorry - bit of a tw@ttsh moment, should have found this one. Anyway, worth a look.

Just one more point. If I wandered down Oxford Street in a Leprechaun outfit, waving my plastic carrier bag with wires and all sorts of electronic goodies hanging out of it, put said carrier bag outside Selfridges and told a passing copper that I had just planted a bomb. Would I get nicked on the spot?

Yup. Thought so. So why didn't they nick our friend in the suicide bomber's rig? On the spot. There. Then.
There are some really really STUPID people walking around free.

Places 5 packages in and around London and then claims it is art. Stupid fcuking bitch should be made to go and explain her art to people who have suffered the real effects.

She was arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance and is still being questioned.

And the art was later charged for fraud, impersonating a real piece of art and being shite.

Though it is in line for the next Turner Prize.

Yeah,...but is it art?

Edited to add:
Damn you MS for being a quicker typist.

Silly bitch, some people should not be allowed out without supervision. :x

The cost of the security operation should be fully covered by her. Art my arrse 8O

fastmedic

Steven said:
Storeman Norman said:

Storeman Norman said:

There are some really really STUPID people walking around free.

Places 5 packages in and around London and then claims it is art. Stupid fcuking bitch should be made to go and explain her art to people who have suffered the real effects.
This is my point exactly. But why was she nicked when a bloke wearing a suicide bomber's rig was allowed to carry on the motion?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Of course it's art. It's the art of being an incredibly stupid un-thinking cnut.

How the fcuk could planting fake nail bombs be 'artistic'? Has the world gone that mad? If it has, someone please ring the bell - I want to get off!

Unbelievable! Hopefully they will punish her as severely as possible. Using a replica weapon in a robbery is treated as seriously as using the real thing, they should apply the same rationale to her.

Art is an institution and that's where the so-called artist belongs, in an institution.

Private_Pike said:
Yeah,...but is it art?

Edited to add:
Damn you MS for being a quicker typist.
Sorry

Apparently she's a conceptual artist and that's the problem, conception.

Blame her parents.

Words fail me, or at least polite words do.

Someone so divorced from reality as to think this stunt is a valid piece of conceptual art really should be locked up, if not for our good, then for her own.

Storeman Norman said:
This is my point exactly. But why was she nicked when a bloke wearing a suicide bomber's rig was allowed to carry on the motion?
I'm sure that the couple of hundred fellow Muslim protestors would have just shouted "unlucky, mate, you asked for it" if the Met had just steamed in and nicked him.

In fact, I'm mildly surprised he was not tied up by his mates and handed in at Scotland Yard after having been given a really strong telling off.

Bravo_Bravo said:
Storeman Norman said:
I'm sure that the couple of hundred fellow Muslim protestors would have just shouted "unlucky, mate, you asked for it" if the Met had just steamed in and nicked him.

In fact, I'm mildly surprised he was not tied up by his mates and handed in at Scotland Yard after having been given a really strong telling off.
....errr so anything that looks even slightly dangerous ensures the perpetrator gets away scott free! Nice one. But I have seen some fairly agressive looking chaps on the terraces baying for blood as the plod leaps in. So, I say again, why did our suicide bomber walk at the time?

Storeman Norman said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Storeman Norman said:

....errr so anything that looks even slightly dangerous ensures the perpetrator gets away scott free! Nice one. But I have seen some fairly agressive looking chaps on the terraces baying for blood as the plod leaps in. So, I say again, why did our suicide bomber walk at the time?
There is a world of difference between the relatively controlled conditions of a football match - known layout, CCTV, PCs who have probably done the duty so many times they know their way around the stadium blindfolded, sufficient reserves (usually...), a good intell picture (sometimes...), established and tested command & control procedures, the stadium itself segregating the crowds, the known really nasty elements blocked from entry or babysat by intel team - and the rather more 'fluid' situation with the cartoon protests.

Each situation is handled on it's own merits, and there are situations where idiots on terraces wouldn't be pursued on the day but picked up later. I surmise from the cartoon protests that there were not enough troops on the ground to counter the very real possibilty of widespread disorder.

he was dressed in urban combats and a sadf combat vest ( ok a cheap airsof knock off ) looked a pratt .Did anyone actually think anything other than you tasteless cnut ?

dogberry said:
Storeman Norman said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Storeman Norman said:

There is a world of difference between the relatively controlled conditions of a football match - known layout, CCTV, PCs who have probably done the duty so many times they know their way around the stadium blindfolded, sufficient reserves (usually...), a good intell picture (sometimes...), established and tested command & control procedures, the stadium itself segregating the crowds, the known really nasty elements blocked from entry or babysat by intel team - and the rather more 'fluid' situation with the cartoon protests.

Each situation is handled on it's own merits, and there are situations where idiots on terraces wouldn't be pursued on the day but picked up later. I surmise from the cartoon protests that there were not enough troops on the ground to counter the very real possibilty of widespread disorder.
Well said Dogberry....

In addition to your points there is a danger of football hooligans damaging people/property which is another reason to tackle them straight away if possible. Suicide bomber boy was no threat and could be tackled later.

Fair enough innit Storeman?

Tricam

If this stupid women doesn´t get nicked or locked up,then all the people in London or other cities will be running around dodging´ART´for the whole summer.Jail is in my opinion the only answer,but I wont be holding my breath.

I find it hard to believe that a human being with more than half a working brain could be so stupid 8O