Woman charged with sexual assault

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Glad they've (hopefully) put a stop to it, but publishing a name and photo before she's been found guilty seems a bit off.

3. Standingby to be corrected, but I seem to recall several cases where men accused of rape have been indentified, only to later be proven Not Guilty.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I know that in rape cases it's no longer unusual for this sort of information to be released. I am aware of this information being released in some, but by no means all, cases of suspected child abuse (a head teacher in a South Walian primary school was found guilty last month of abusing a number of small girls in his care, for example). However, I would have thought that the unusual circumstances of this case would have ensured that reporting restrictions were in place.

I know that not only men abuse children - a common myth in social science in the 1980's - but female paedophilia is by no means commonplace. By placing a name and picture in the public domain, her family and property are potentially placed in danger, even though they (probably) knew nothing about her alleged activities ("they" obviously refers to members of her family, property not normally being a sentient being).

5. They didn't mention her details when they weren't sure of her involvement, it was only when there seemed to be evidence against her being directly involved. Who cares about her quality of life after this, she deserves to die a slow and painful death. I believe that by naming her it gives parents (who not only still have children at the nursery but also who may have had kids that have since left in the last three years) the ability to better determine whether their child was a victim or not. As a mother I believe that to be the most important aim that this investigation can achieve aside from locking up her and anyone else connected.

6. She is innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law.

Litotes

7. No. Haven't you heard? We do trial by media now. Heaven help her if she is bloody innocent.

8. Must have been some other worker taking pictures of the kids in that same nursery then... the only people who are innocent are the kids.

9. Regardless of how disgusting the crime is, people are innocent until proven guilty. Put down your Daily Mail and pitchfork and let's see what the lass has actually done before we hang her.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I prefer this from RP:

But it pretty much equates to what Litotes said.

Just to be on the safe side however, as it is in Plymouth, can we have a kangaroo court followed by judicious use of the yardarm?

11. I'm not hanging her... I'm just making ready the noose :wink:

As I said before the only people in this affair I have any sympathy for are the kids, adults are each to their own.

12. Outraged by alleged behaviour,
    or is this an example of the Oliver Cromwell witch hunter syndrome.
    To shout openly of your hatred for witches are you trying to divert attention from the fact that you are indeed a witch yourself.

13. "She is innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law"

I think you will find that it is presumed innocent till proven guilty

15. Errr no, it's innocent until proven guilty.