Woman charged with sexual assault

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
DeltaDog said:
Mr_Fingerz said:
Unusual that a photo has been released and published too.
Glad they've (hopefully) put a stop to it, but publishing a name and photo before she's been found guilty seems a bit off.
Standingby to be corrected, but I seem to recall several cases where men accused of rape have been indentified, only to later be proven Not Guilty.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I know that in rape cases it's no longer unusual for this sort of information to be released. I am aware of this information being released in some, but by no means all, cases of suspected child abuse (a head teacher in a South Walian primary school was found guilty last month of abusing a number of small girls in his care, for example). However, I would have thought that the unusual circumstances of this case would have ensured that reporting restrictions were in place.

I know that not only men abuse children - a common myth in social science in the 1980's - but female paedophilia is by no means commonplace. By placing a name and picture in the public domain, her family and property are potentially placed in danger, even though they (probably) knew nothing about her alleged activities ("they" obviously refers to members of her family, property not normally being a sentient being).

They didn't mention her details when they weren't sure of her involvement, it was only when there seemed to be evidence against her being directly involved. Who cares about her quality of life after this, she deserves to die a slow and painful death. I believe that by naming her it gives parents (who not only still have children at the nursery but also who may have had kids that have since left in the last three years) the ability to better determine whether their child was a victim or not. As a mother I believe that to be the most important aim that this investigation can achieve aside from locking up her and anyone else connected.

Litotes said:
She is innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law.

Litotes
No. Haven't you heard? We do trial by media now. Heaven help her if she is bloody innocent.

Must have been some other worker taking pictures of the kids in that same nursery then... the only people who are innocent are the kids.

tigerbaby said:
Must have been some other worker taking pictures of the kids in that same nursery then... the only people who are innocent are the kids.
Regardless of how disgusting the crime is, people are innocent until proven guilty. Put down your Daily Mail and pitchfork and let's see what the lass has actually done before we hang her.

DavetheApe said:
Litotes said:
She is innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law.

Litotes
No. Haven't you heard? We do trial by media now. Heaven help her if she is bloody innocent.
I prefer this from RP:

Harriet Harman's notion of a Court of Public Opinion didn't get off the ground.
But it pretty much equates to what Litotes said.

Just to be on the safe side however, as it is in Plymouth, can we have a kangaroo court followed by judicious use of the yardarm?

DeltaDog said:
tigerbaby said:
Regardless of how disgusting the crime is, people are innocent until proven guilty. Put down your Daily Male and pitchfork and let's see what the lass has actually done before we hang her.
I'm not hanging her... I'm just making ready the noose :wink:

As I said before the only people in this affair I have any sympathy for are the kids, adults are each to their own.

Outraged by alleged behaviour,
or is this an example of the Oliver Cromwell witch hunter syndrome.
To shout openly of your hatred for witches are you trying to divert attention from the fact that you are indeed a witch yourself.

"She is innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law"

I think you will find that it is presumed innocent till proven guilty

tigerbaby said:
They didn't mention her details when they weren't sure of her involvement, it was only when there seemed to be evidence against her being directly involved.

"seemed" OK well thats fine then guilty as charged :roll:

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
A lot of this information seems to come directly from the police
There seemed to be alot of media outside the school when the poice went in where they tipped off?

the_boy_syrup said:
There seemed to be alot of media outside the school when the poice went in where they tipped off?
My thoughts exactly. Were the children actually in danger on tuesday morning? I don't think so.
It must be very traumatic for the hard working career seeking parents to know that their precious children were at the mercy of some evil pervert bitch who has dared to take photographs of them. I have a grandaughter of the same age at a school just up the road from that place. Her parents reaction was "what are we going to do about childcare" ? Not "I am going to give up work to protect my children". State of society people.

Send in the Paedofinder General.

Tytus_Barnowl said:
the_boy_syrup said:
My thoughts exactly. Were the children actually in danger on tuesday morning? I don't think so.
It must be very traumatic for the hard working career seeking parents to know that their precious children were at the mercy of some evil pervert bitch who has dared to take photographs of them. I have a grandaughter of the same age at a school just up the road from that place. Her parents reaction was "what are we going to do about childcare" ? Not "I am going to give up work to protect my children". State of society people.
I had similar thoughts when I saw an interview with one of the parents nonchalantly stating that she was thinking about taking junior out of the nursery. She didn't seem at all upset, or even surprised by the whole event.

She is innocent until proven guilty. However, if she is guilty, I'm sure that an appropriate sentence will be awarded.