Woman Accused of Giving Lethal Sherry Enema

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FunkyNewBlood, Feb 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas woman has been indicted for criminally negligent homicide for causing her husband's death by giving him a sherry enema, a police detective said on Wednesday.

Tammy Jean Warner, 42, gave Michael Warner two large bottles of sherry on May 21, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47 percent, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas, police detective Robert Turner in Lake Jackson, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle.

"We're not talking about little bottles here," Turner said. "These were at least 1.5-liter bottles."

Warner, 58, was said to have an alcohol problem and received the wine enema because a throat ailment left him unable to drink the sherry, Turner told the newspaper.

"I heard of this kind of thing in mortuary school in 1970, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually doing it," said Turner, who led the lengthy investigation in the case.

The woman admitted administering the enema, but denied causing her husband's death, the Chronicle said.

A dispatcher for the Lake Jackson police said only Turner could discuss the case, but he did not return phone calls from Reuters.

Along with negligent homicide, Mrs. Warner was indicted for burning her husband's will a month before his death. Both charges carry maximum penalties of two years in prison.

Mrs. Warner surrendered to police on Monday and was released on $30,000 bail, the newspaper said.
  2. What's an enema?
  3. It's like an anenome - you know one of those underwater urchin things.

But this one's for your starfish and it stings like feck

Must have gone in under pressure!
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Under pressure? Perhaps it depends on how fat the bloke was 8O

Only goes to show - you are NOT intended to shove things up your Gary Glitter - it's meant for things to come out of, only...
  5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I thought she was a singer of wailing Celtic ballards
    shields up Capt?
  7. haha - Next time I go to the pub for a pint I'm bringing a funnel and a rubber tube!
  8. Ha!

Amateur. Funnel and rubber tube indeed

I am investing in a pressure vessel and industrial compressor and a set of ice axes and crampons for traction.

I shall lease this contraption to Various student unions and make a packet.
  9. Don't forget the brass diving helmet
  10. RTFQ

Destroying someone's will carries the same max sentence as filling a man's jacksy with 3 LITRES of a poor quality gout-ridden granny's drink and causing him to die of massive alcohol poisoning?

I've heard of dedicated drinkers but George Best would take his hat off to this guy.
  11. my mother in law isd partial to a sherry. I wonder....
  12. listen to the voices essexbob.............