Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by brettarider, Aug 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Didnt know until this week that Wolfenstein is due out next week on the PC/360/PS3 if it's as good as the last PC one then it'll be a blinder looking forwards to getting my copy next week

2. I am unsure about this one as you sometimes find the lack of pre-release publicity and advertising means the developers aren't particularly proud of the game. Having said that if they can have a final boss like Wolfenstein 3D (a minigun-toting Hitler in robot armour) then it may be worth a punt.
  3. Bloody Hell! I knew nowt about this - as said by Bretta, if it's as good as RTCW we're in for a treat. It doesn't even look that old today.

Rinaldi said "I am unsure about this one as you sometimes find the lack of pre-release publicity and advertising means the developers aren't particularly proud of the game"

Too true
  4. Has anyone managed to finish the PC version?

I'm very average at games, but I got through this ok until the final 3-stage boss fight. Seems completely impossible to me: had about 30 attempts so far (lack of game save doesn't really help), but can't seem to last long enough to get to the end of the first stage.

I've had a look at some of the YouTube demos of how to do this stage. I notice that, in the demo, the character moves faster than in my game, and the "veil" powers last longer than the few seconds I seem to get. Wonder if there is an actual gameplay difference between console & PC versions?

Overall, I found the game a bit tedious and dated - compared to other FPS. Some good firefights from the enemy - flanking and flushing with grenades, etc. Actually, it might have been better with just the human Nazi soldiers and a more aggressive AI - bin the occult/ monster bit.
  5. It's average.

6. You know you can level your veil powers up? as well as weapons usually best to just level up the super weapons so they can carry more ammo and level the bullet time veil.
  7. Played it on the PS2 and was quite good, so update with the modern generation of consoles should be a blinder.

there is another new game coming out soon and looks great, I don't know the name but it is a cross bteween a first person shooter and "command and conquer" type strategy.

Failing that we can all wait until Nov 10th when Call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out!!

Anyone in the know care to update us?
  8. Yup... upgraded everything to the max.

I tried matching the demo move for move - same weapon/ veil/ upgrade/ sprint/ etc. The guys posting the demos must have some sort of "damage" cheat. Would just be interested to hear that someone else has done it on a PC.

The Nazi chick "elite soldiers" are a bit disappointing this time around.... I wonder if someone will come up with a (cough!) new set of uniforms for them, as with RTCW?

[A mate had sent me a "realism mod" for RTCW. I commented to my girlfriend - who was watching me play the game - that the mod didn't seem to have changed anything. Just about them the first batch of elite soldiers appeared - sans clothes 8O - and I had to deal both with on-screen firefight and some slaps around the head from behind! I had no idea that sort of mod was available.... :wink: ]
  9. Purchased this for the 360 yesterday.

I have to say I'm not overly impressed, when compared to the likes of the COD and MOH series.

I knew I should have bought Arkham asylum.

Oh well....
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Enjoyed it, but not a patch on WaW
  11. Distinctly average, and not a patch on original PC version.

Wait for November. Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2 - both look fantastic.

12. Raven Squad?
  13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Just waiting for the Modern Warfare Two to rock up.
  14. I enjoyed the reference to Wolfenstein 3D with the whole armoured up mini gun totting nazi boss at the end! All he needed was the moustache!

As for game wise, was a bit over the top comic shooter with the tongue in cheek cutscenes. Prefered return to castle wolfenstein as that was actually a bit creepy. This was just shoot everything that moves. And i didn't like that it was pretty much impossible to finish missions stealthily. There were like two occasions where you snuck up on someone with a sledgehammer or axe!

But it's more of an arcade type game i think.