Wolfenbuttel

Discussion in 'RAC' started by scarletto, Jan 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a message on our website, from the daughter of someone who was based there in the 80s, think it was after we left as his name dont ring a bell, ive his name and he was from Wales, but she doesnt know what Regiment he was in, initials T D, but well if anyone was there after us (16/5th) they can PM me for his name, lets say its an unusual and probably Welsh first name!!!

2. QDG were there 87-91 according to BAOR Locations site. Their sort of Welsh I believe!

3. 9/12 were there before QDG around 84 to 87 i was that man

4. Ta, yes id think QDGs as well, certainly with his first name he dont sound like he is from Brum

5. If you just published his first name I don´t suppose that would declare him to the ´enemy´,might get an answer then?

6. True, 1st name is tyrieon.

7. Looks like a new VW model name,he should get it patented and get a few hundred thousands as a Turkish guy did with ´Touran´!

8. I was there as a brat in the early seventies. Although I was young, I loved it. Riding bikes around the tank park, and in the big woods at the back of Am Atzumer Busch, sitting quietly and watching deer grazing. Scaring each other with stories about flooded cellars and dead german soldiers......ah the memories!!

9. was a great camp to be on, loved the fecking place.

10. its still a nice town as is brunsweig which is now rebuilt to adolfs standards.

11. also saw in bruns last week that the disco,,sugers ,,is still there going strong..

12. anyone know what happened to the camp? I looked it up on Google Earth a while back, it seems to be an industrial estate or similar. What a shame if that's the case, it was a lovely barracks. I would imagins that to have been posted there as a singly would have been quite boring though, unless you had wheels (or was into pad sh@gging!)

13. there is a site -forum on hear just about wuffers..its now an industrial park.. hasent changed that much..

14. wuffers as a singly was fantastic...bus stop at bottom of road.. brusweig 10 mins in a taxi, women throwing them selves at you.. we were the front line against the russians,, great posting,, the best ..

15. Wolfenbuttel tended to have the reputation to those (me included) never based there as the "best" RAC posting in BAOR. The BAOR locations site is looking for comments on Wolfenbuttel from those who were based there as to what it was like for both singlies and pads.