WOLF LANDROVERS

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tank_6275, Dec 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know where u can buy the wolf landrovers that are getting sold off???

2. Think they may have the Wolf turbo charger taken out though....

3. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

It would be nice to have them issued to the TA before casting them :?

4. well exactly im ta RLC and the only time we get our hands on them is when we request them very rarely from the regular infantry unit near by. apart from that we're stuck operating 25 year old landrover 110's

5. Combat indicator of we're going to keep the 110s for a while; one from 82 had an engine replaced about 2 years ago...doh!

6. well i thought we would be gettin wolves sometime soon seeing as those panthers are coming into service

7. You'll probably find they're over their repair limit. As for the 110's, spares are a hell of a lot cheaper, that's why they are still chugging around. Wouldn't suprise me if the 110's outlast the Wolf.

8. Are they being sold because of the introduction of the Panther?

Or is it anything to do with this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. whats that?

10. and before u say some smart comment i know its a landrover lol

11. In 1994 I saw a 1968 Series IIA AMbulance undergoing heavy repairs to go back in service although much later vehicles had been cast. About the same time, Series III winterised FFRs were being rebuilt on new chassis rather than transferring the kit to the 110s that were being cast.

I'm a big fan of the Land Rover but I think the army has taken to putting too much kit on them. It's supposed to be "Light truck, 4x4" not an armoured gunship.

Pinsgauer looks more suitable as a technical to me.

12. Pinzaauer (sp??) IIRI would come with the problem of being a C1 vehicle ie light goods weighing more than 3.5T but less than 7.5 which would mean more driver training to get this category on everyones licence.

13. Its a wmik with an add on armour by armour mobile systems of france.
    Dont know anything else about it.
    Wolf I drove in iraq was nackered so guess the ta will be keeping the old ones till a new vechicle is procured .Or does whole fleet management mean we all get on the one good wolf eventually?