Wokingham Remembrance Walt?!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sgnsty, Nov 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of a long shot I know but was anyone in Wokingham today for the Remembrance Parade through town? Spotted an absolute classic.... Guy in Cavalry No 1s with a REME forage cap and a R Signals capbadge, wearing UN medal ribbons but no medals and topping it off a WO2 rank badge in the right place, (he was about 25) but with what looked like a Royal Navy Submariners badge stuck above it on his arm. That and collar dogs that looked like a Portsmouth FC badge.

What a twat.

Apologies for no photo straight away as 0A wouldn't let me take one cos it would cause a scene, however the local media were out in force and snapped him aplenty so hopefully I'll be able to produce something soon.

Walting is one thing but don't you usually have to have at least a bit of an idea of how the army and its uniforms work? I was disappointed in a way that he hadn't put more effort in and almost took the fun out of taking the piss out of him....

Almost but not quite.
  2. [​IMG]

Nearly as bad as this chancer, I well gripped him.
  3. [​IMG]

Gazette entry for the MM? Non issue gloves?
  4. Shave!

5. Waiting for pics from Wokingham! :)
  6. Nah, I'm pretty sure there's an NSN for Spidey gloves. It was the cocked wrist in the salute that gave him away to me.
  7. How do you think "they" manage to scale vertical walls, cling effortlessly to balconies, and proff such large quantities of gucci kit?
  8. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Perhaps his Spidey gloves made him first on the balcony!
  9. That guy was Berkshire Yeomanry (TA as-was) and that is the uniform they wear... They were Berkshire's senior volunteer reserve unit, with over 200 years of military service and had TA Centres in Windsor and Aylesbury.

Not sure about the ribbons, can't comment as I didn't see them, but the uniform, forage cap, Royal Signals cap badge (they are a Signals unit), collar dogs (Star and Crescent?) - all CORRECT! The 'Submariners badge' you described was actually a Berkshire Horse, which is worn over the rank badges and is silver. I can't be bothered to search the web for images, but see the link below which shows a similar one at their Regimental Museum.

So before you start calling the guy a Twat, perhaps you should get your facts right and stop slagging a guy (by the ribbons) who has been there and done it ... Like you no doubt?

Google Image Result for http://www.sabre.mod.uk/Employers/Get-involved-with-Reservists/Your-local-SaBRE-contact/~/media/Images/Employers/RSCDs/GL%20events/GL%20Royal%20Tattoo%20Windsor%20Museum.ashx