• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Wobbly Gordon Brown

poor old Cyclops lacks binocular vision, hence he's prone to stumble.

Would help him see where he's going if he kept the other eye open though.

My (admittedly limited) reading of this journal leads me to believe that it views foreign governments, even long standing allies, as useful only as long as they do exactly what the neocons in Washington say they should. Any signs of independent thought are to be heavily criticised as soon as they appear. The only exception to this rule would seem to be Israel.

I also see that there is no hint of either embarassment or irony when they smugly report that Gordon's troubles are in part due to incompetence on the part of the US financial industry.

The US must realise that Blair and Brown are different animals. Blair happily wagged his tail, sniffed the reeking crotch of Bush and generally played the lapdog. Brown however is the old incontinent labrador who is quite happy to pee on the carpet of the Oval Office.

However, they are both dogs and will hump anything for a bowl of scraps.

DigitalGeek said:
The US must realise that Blair and Brown are different animals. Blair happily wagged his tail, sniffed the reeking crotch of Bush and generally played the lapdog. Brown however is the old incontinent labrador who is quite happy to pee on the carpet of the Oval Office.

How very nicely put.
And we, the rest of the population, remain craven whelps, undecided whether to snarl or simper, as we cower in the yard waiting to follow what ever bullying dysfunctional runt becomes our pack leader.

goodkurtz said:
DigitalGeek said:

How very nicely put.
And we, the rest of the population, remain craven whelps undecided whether to snarl or simper as we cower in the corner waiting to follow what ever bullying dysfunctional runt becomes our pack leader.
Lets hope we don't end up in a sack full of rocks wondering where all the water is coming from.

B

Biscuits_AB

DigitalGeek said:

Tell me that you don't write CR's. :lol:

Biscuits_AB said:
DigitalGeek said:

Tell me that you don't write CR's. :lol:
If only I did. :lol:

Digital:
Lets hope we don't end up in a sack full of rocks wondering where all the water is coming from.
Strangled roughly for our cheap fur and our entrails thrown on the rocks to be devoured by the American Eagle, more like.

Neuroleptic,

You're basically correct; although the author is a Brit. The magazine is old-line conservative, and they view British PMs through the prism of Thatcher and Blair. Blair still has rock star status here in spite of everything he has done, and they curiously forget the Thatcher-Reagan disagreements.

Brown has blown the UK economy and King George has shaftedthe world economy.
john
Mind you Georgei Boys well off friends have done very well out of his rape of the Yankee system

jonwilly said:
King George has shafted the world economy.
No really so Jon, China, India, Russia and our very good freinds in the Middle East are OK and getting a lot stronger. So everything will be fine as I am sure the emerging Nations will accept the novelty of hiring illiterate young Britons and Americans as dog walkers and bag carriers.

We'll have to disagree on this one A J.
Clinton left the US in Credit, the coffers where full.
This goes against Republican beliefs and one of King George's earlyacts was to 'Spend' the 'reserves' with his tax cuts.The small man gpt a few hundred bucks, the rich proffed well. The tax cuts gave people more to spend and helped start the movement of the citizen living on credit,money they did not have, a major contributor to the now fashionable Sub Prime crisis
We still do not know the reason why Iraq became a Must Do and one of if not the most exspensive wars in history.
From Profit and Security to the current Climate of Despondancy.
john
You should hear my Yankee aquantances squeal over the $.
And yes Anglo dog walkers, you just cann't get the local staff anymore.

"Moreover, he has demonstrated little leadership over the Iranian nuclear question, and has strongly supported the new European Union Reform Treaty, which will undermine British sovereignty and the transatlantic alliance. "

tell it like it is fellas!!!!!!!!

pi$$ off brown, your not wanted {either here or their it seems}

this is absolute GOLD

the gaffe-prone Malloch Brown gave an outspoken interview to the Telegraph in which he boasted that Britain and America were no longer “joined at the hip” prompting a swift slap down from Foreign Secretary David Miliband

miliband....slap down???????

genius......he couldnt slap a fish.

i keep reading, and it keeps getting better

"In terms of the quality of her armed services, and ability to deploy highly trained forces worldwide as well as significant diplomatic clout, Britain still remains the world’s second most powerful nation (and fourth-largest economy), ahead of Russia, China, and her European competitors. Brown needs to run a foreign policy that reflects this, and not a weak-kneed one that looks more like Belgium’s than that of a global power that just 60 years ago ruled over a quarter of the world. British defense spending must be significantly increased in order to deal with mounting threats to national security. The current spending level of 2.2-percent of GDP is pitifully inadequate, and stands at its lowest level since the 1930s. Realistically, Britain needs to be spending at least 3 to 4 percent of GDP to be able to handle several conflicts at the same time, from Afghanistan, to Africa and the Middle East. "

now that is a Slapdown

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RCT(V) The Intelligence Cell 13
P The NAAFI Bar 2
Chodmeister Royal Signals 5