WO2 Mike Williams 2 PARA KIA AFGN 240608 Condolences only

It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that a British soldier from 2nd Battalion the Parachute Regiment was killed this morning during a firefight in Helmand province, Afghanistan . The soldier was on a deliberate operation against the Taliban in the Upper Sangin Valley when he was fatally wounded.

Next of kin have been informed.

RIP
FRV: Valhalla.

My lad's heading for the Paras - every time I hear they've lost one it gives me the chills. :(

My heart goes out to the family.

RIP :(

RIP

Ne Obliviscaris

R.I.P.

RIP,
Condolences to your family & riends.
Stand down.

From the BBC;

A British soldier has been killed in fighting with the Taleban in southern Afghanistan, the MoD has said.

The soldier, from 2nd Battalion the Parachute Regiment, died during a firefight in Helmand province.

An MoD spokesman said: "The soldier was on a deliberate operation against the Taleban in the Upper Sangin Valley when he was fatally wounded."

Next of kin have been informed. Since 2001, 107 British soldiers have now died during operations in Afghanistan.

Mine blast

Ten British service personnel have been killed in Afghanistan since 8 June, six of them from the Parachute Regiment.

Privates Nathan Cuthbertson, David Murray and Daniel Gamble died in a suicide bombing while on foot patrol.

Fellow Paras L/Cpl James Bateman and Pte Jeff Doherty died under fire from the Taleban on 12 June.

The first British woman soldier to be killed in Afghanistan, Cpl Sarah Bryant, of 15 (United Kingdom) Psychological Operations Group, died on 17 June.

SAS reservists Cpl Sean Robert Reeve, L/Cpl Richard Larkin and Paul Stout were killed in the same incident after their vehicle hit a mine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7471988.stm

Rest in Peace Para. God comfort your family and friends.

Mine & Mrs Stilts thoughts go out to your family and friends, RIP lad stand down.

Stilts

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP once more. 2 Para really does appear to be taking a lot of casualites on this tour.

Condolences to the family and friends of the latest casualty.