WO2 Employability Board

Discussion in 'REME' started by spaz, Nov 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody on here have the latest on this, as in how do you stand if you are MLD or MND? I would have assumed that for certain posts it wouldn't matter if you were not MFD, such as DE&S and other non field force posts.

I'm aware that WOCLM now has an AFT, is an AFT pass now the minimum physical standard for progression above SSgt?

2. I thought all personnel in DE&S posts were now supposed to be available for trawls so that would indicate a minimum of MLD if not MFD.

3. MLD makes sense, I'd not heard of the trawls but am aware of certain teams doing short deployments, due to the nature of their work.

I suppose my original question should have been, is it still possible to gain substantive WO2 if you can't pass an AFT.

4. I believe so. I know of a WO2 hoping to pick up early on the Dec board despite being downgraded since his last promotion.

Best bet would be to give MPC or maybe even RAS if you have any contacts there for a definitive answer though

5. WO CLM now has AFT? When's that, on Part 3? I've done 1 and 2 this year and no AFT on either of those? First l have heard of that mate.

6. Sparky, I didn't think that WO2->WO1 promotion/employment would be particularly affected, other than in the scoring at the promotion board. I'm assuming rightly or wrongly that the AFT on RWOC is a new development and would affect those hoping to promote to WO2, who have not yet completed it.

We've seen changes in the last few years to PNCO Cadre and J/SCLM, which have required the soldier to pass P/AFT in order to pass the course (these sentiments appear to have been echoed on promotion board results) but I had assumed until now that anyone with a valid SCLM and or ACFC3 pass could then promote to WO2/WO1 without passing PFT or AFT again.

Funnily enough it was a conversation with someone at RAS which prompted my initial question.

7. Sorry should have clarified, it's now on REME Warrant Officers Course (RWOC), which is WOCLM Part 1 for REME soldiers.

8. With great difficulty due to your spazzy knees/back.

9. JMES status doesn't affect promotion board grading (JMES Status should not even feature in SJAR).

JMES status is not taken into account, deliberately, on Assignment Board during initial allocation. JMES status unknown to board, until all posts have been allocated at which point the Employability Board begins (usually directly following conclusion of Initial Assignment Board).

Employability Board checks suitabily of individual in new role, based on JMES status.

Corps Instructions details Physical Fitness criteria for.promotion and Career Courses (recently updated).

Hope this helps!

10. Cheers bm, so they have.

From E6:

Other than the line in bold (which I'll believe when I see it), as usual, clear as mud and doesn't take into account that RWOC now has an AFT.

11. Spaz - i'll do some more research a some point next week, to confirm if AFT is written into the RWOC program.

12. Bikermouse, I know it was on the last course. Just seen this in November's promotion letter from REME Sldr Wg:

13. To answer my original question.

You can indeed be selected for promotion to WO2 if you are MLD or MND. This also includes those unable to pass Matt 2.

14. Deleted due to off subject unamusing dig at tiffy wpns.

15. Christ, I'm glad I was never REME. The TLAs would have done for me from the start. Cough cough....