WO1 JOHN DUFFUS MBE

Regret to inform anyone concerned
WO1 JOHN (JOCKY) DUFFUS MBE HIGHLANDERS DIED 24/04/08

A GENTLEMAN AND SOLDIER

RIP

Sad news indeed. I knew him as RSM 3 UDR and have many fond memories. My thoughts are with his family.

RIP

How sad. He was one of my SAA Instructors at Sandhurst - a magnificent guy and every inch a soldier. I can still remember him telling me that he got "£46 fcuking pound a week" for teaching idiots (that'd be the Officer Cadets) the GPMG!

My condolences to his family.

RATATATTAT said:
Regret to inform anyone concerned
WO1 JOHN (JOCKY) DUFFUS MBE HIGHLANDERS DIED 24/04/08

A GENTLEMAN AND SOLDIER

RIP
Aye. And the eve of Gallipoli Day is as good as any to turn up yer toes.

I imagine he'd have grit his teeth, and hung on in there, to avoid St George's.

A grand man - old school to the bone. No mourning on my part: rather I am glad that he lived, and that I knew him, however briefly.

Hi,

Like all of you I was deeply saddened at Jockys death. He was a great soldier, character and friend. I had the sad honour of attending his funeral in Killyleagh. Major (Retd) John Potter gave a very fitting tribute to him which precisely summed up his life and all that he stood for. I will down many a glass of "Bush" to his memory.

In the going dowm of the Sun ...... we will remember him.

In Arduis Fidelis

Mike83

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I met him a couple of times when I was serving with his son. a true gent. Condolences to the family

Jocky obviously settled in Co Down after his service. I'll raise a toast to his memory.

I'm pleased to hear John Potter is still with us. I don't want to hijack this thread but is he the author of A Testimony to Courage: The History of the Ulster Defence Regiment 1969-1992? I've not read it but noticed it on Amazon.

I am very sad to have to tell you that Jocky's brother Dykes ( WO1 (RSM) David Duffus MBE Q O Hldrs) passed away today. He had been ill for a while. He was RSM of the Q O Hldrs and of 3 UDR also. He was GSM Osnabruck Garrison in 1981 - 82. He attended Jocky's funeral in Killyleagh.

Rest in Peace Old warrior.

Mike 83