Withdrawal of troops from Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bowser-Mong, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Defence Secretary has apparently hinted that some troops may be withdrawn sooner than expected. The cynical part of me thinks this may be to redeploy them to Afghanistan.
  2. People used to call me a cynic, then guess what?
    I was proved correct .
    They've been saying that all these extra bods are off to Afghanistan for months but never came up with names or formations.
    Robbing Peter to pay Paul methinks.
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Couldn't find this in a thread so apologies if it's already been posted:

Source : defence Net -

...preparing the ground ?

Le Chevre
  4. Goatman!

It seems to me that dr.Reaid doesn't understand how he is rightl.

As 'military forces' exist mainly on paper then they can't to 'work aganst anybody' (including 'law abiding Iraqi citizens').

5. He Bliar et al is sounding like a scratched record. It is easy to pontificate and mention that troop numbers will be reduced in future, but it has absolutely no substance. These carefully chosen phrases are only mentioned when the news focuses on Iraq/Afghanistan. Nothing but soundbites.

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

To be fair to the man, there is nothing new in this speech at all - the reduction in numbers this year has been extremely widely reported already.

It's not news.
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

8. Topics merged

9. Dr. Reid managed to give a long speech without actually answering any questions.
  10. http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article344489.ece

Indeed, we were told that there is a big progress in creation and traing of Iraqi army and police. But how big this progress exactly?