Withdrawal of termination, but want to sign off again!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by _madjack_, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently withdrew my termination because of my future job prospect fell through, however things are looking good and I have the job I wanted waiting for me, can I now sign off AGAIN or do I have to wait an amount of time before I can do it again?
  2. Just kill yourself.

It would be easier and a lot more kinder to those around you.
  3. Cheers tough guy....
  4. Not tough mate. Just bored of people signing on and off, and bleating when they sign off and can't sign back on again.

Honest advice.

Sign off. Points to note. You are going to annoy people who processed your reversal of intentions paperwork... depending on your trade/rank/capbadge someone may well have had to do some leg work on your behalf. The door to signing back on is highly likely to be shut, should you change your mind again. Or the job offer you have now been given is withdrawn.

To my knowledge there is no time bar on you signing off again, however if you've spent your resettlement money/leave then you wont get it again.

Stay in. Points to note. Come to terms with what annoyed you/prompted you to leave.
  5. Fair one, I see what you mean by pissing people off due to me terminating again, I have gum shield at the ready, just wanted to know if there was a catch, because 99.9% of the time as you and I know there is, I know I'll be in a world of hurt for it but it's something I'll take on the chin!
  6. The catch is; you will burn all your bridges and there will be no coming back. In 6 months time, when the job you are made redundant from, do not even thinking of signing back on. But, your problem.
  7. There is no restriction on you signing off again, but yiu need to be aware that the army is looking to cut numbers and you will be doing them a favour so there will be no changing your mind this time. Make sure you are doing the right thing before you press the early termination button on JPA this time.
  8. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

One of our lads wanted to go to the Police but they wanted him to show a Notice of Termination. He basically argued with them until they agreed to put him through the application process and only upon successful acceptance to the Force would he then be required to sign off.

In these situations always make your potential civvy employer give you a guaranteed job before handing in your notice, especially in todays climate where they don't like letting you withdraw it!