Withdrawal of long service advance of pay (lsap)

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by beanhead, Mar 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard the other day that there is a plan to remove LSAP (currently £8.5K), as the MoD cannot afford to pay it anymore. So with the rumours going round about losing SFA entitlement after 10 years service, just how exactly are we expected to get a 20% deposit together to buy our own home? If true, this is another outrageous decision made by the bean counters and I expect it will not be the last.........
  2. How do the people who are paying the market rate for property rental do it? Perhaps they could give you a few tips.
  3. Lol you need to smell the Nescafé. In these times of severe austerity for many this is just another area where money can be saved. I would suggest you don't hold your breath about how good the new pension is going to be.
  4. Best you start saving then. Many servicemen & women buy property by saving for a deposit, why do you think you are any different and need extra help?
  5. i heard in 5 years time we will have to pay for our own flights to afghan!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Friends of mine have found the only way they could save enough was to f8ck off to Dubai for 5 years. The stupid thing was they were paying almost twice as much in rent as they would have needed for morgage payments on the same house.
  7. I wonder, at what point can we say that the Terms and Conditions we signed up under have changed so radically that MoD is in Breach of Contract ? Would they accept me saying that I know I signed up for working 24/7, 365 etc but due to feeling a bit short of energy I regret that I'll only be available every third Wednesday ?
  8. Shhh ! Don't put ideas in their heads. Paying for food was the thin end of the wedge, Clothing comes next followed by fuel, ammo and healthcare. You heard it here first.
  9. Live with their parents you mean?
  10. You mean you're joining the TA?
  11. How to get a deposit?

Do what everyone on civvy street does and put money in the bank, be nice to parents or kill off elderly relatives.

At the risk of sounding harsh, take some personal resonsibility to save money and stop expecting others to do it for you.
  12. What you signed was a one sided agreement to serve and in return receive benefits as deemed suitable by the MOD. There was no contract for the MOD to breach.
  13. No, I mean they save and they do so while paying full market rate for their rent. It comes as a bit of a shock to a lot of squaddies when they finally realise money isn't only for converting into piss.