With the CLA being binned I am considering setting up an indoor trade event

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Jul 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am looking for an indoor location big enough to hold 50 or 60 trade stands, hard car parking with the chance of outddoor space/fields for a gun dog run off if possible. There are lots of people looking to sell their CLA stock to avoid making a loss so it could be very good.
    Happy to consider industrial sites as well as disused airfields but must be within 10 or 20 minutes of a good dual carriageway/motorway in the south of England
    If I can get it near the A23/M23 I will be happy but open to ideas. Must have hard standing parking.
    I wont charge entry just a nominal charity donation (Hols4 etc) and the money for the site will come from the traders.
    Come up with some ideas folks please!
  2. A school would be ideal, either a 'community use' one, or a private one which would welcome the funds.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm afraid I cant offer a location but would be interested in knowing where you end up if successful.
  4. There's Parkwood Scout camp at Poynings. What's happening at Parkwood? my daughter got married there with a weekend reception, marquee, bouncy castle and bbq.
  5. Getting some input from a professional events management outfit is probably the easiest. Although not looking like the cheapest way in terms of direct cost, they have the contacts and can drive better overall deals for you from their suppliers and venues, who are always keen to keep them onside.
  6. how about hitting up English Heritage? quite often they rent out the locations for historical and country events,
    and no one has a bigger selection of nicer places.

English Heritage Home Page | English Heritage

I'll ask around some of trade in the north/west who were ment to be at the CLA if they are intrested in participating in a smaller event.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

all good ideas, I'm pretty sold on cheap at the moment and it needs to provide hardstand parking and indoor barn type building to have trade stands. The more I look the more I see large industrial units. I have some contacts with developers I may use.
  8. Keep us informed , a mate was due to exhibit in the fishing sect so may well be interested .
  9. Guess an aerodrome would be good ,massive concrete runways , are there any left ?
  10. Ug's, give me a bell if you need a dogsbody/roadie to help get it sorted, I'm down south for a month in a week or two as well.....
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Kent County Show are looking for someone for next year, get him to call me/pm whatever. free stand in a 3 day show the week before CLA!
    Airfields would be brill but as there are any left near me its looking industrial.
  12. Are all the links at the bottom of your messages your business`s?
  13. Sywell Aerodrome not sure about the cheap bit though, possibly a bit far north as well
  14. Inevitably probably far too big and expensive, but ADS are always looking for other uses for the Farnborough Air Show Site. It sits empty most of the year so it might be worth a punt!