With reference to THAT 'joke'

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cutaway, Dec 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I am in the front rank of those that would top paedophiles.

I found the joke neither accurate nor funny.

It should also be noted that Chickenpunk did not claim it to be funny either.

Having said that, this is the NAAFI and we've seen jokes about paedophiles, (eg Michael Jackson & Gary Glitter,) and about some nasty killers.

I've got a lot of time for DoorBundle, he might rip the p!ss out of all & sundry but that's the NAAFi for you. As we've noticed he's also got solid morals too. Those that can't handle the p!sstaking will no doubt disagree with me but I'll live with that.

I hope the NAAFI will remain open for people to post anything, if it starts to be moderated or the poster hounded then we're no better than those that forced the Sikh play to close.
    Before anyone kicks off I am not saying that the two crimes are comparable.

Incoming awaited.
  2. Couldn't agree more mate. I had a whole diatribe written out but you said it best.
  3. Pull yourselves together, you nonces.

I missed the evident deluge of self-righteous shite after I posted the joke because I was troughing some interesting braised pork chops with savoy cabbage in pesto, washed down with an amusing chianti. Very nice.

The reality is that this kind of joke is told every night of the week in every Naafi I've ever been in. Is it funny? Yes. Is it sick and disgusting? Yes. So what?

The reality is that we live in a world where children - and indeed people of all ages - die in hideous circumstances all the time. Like many other people on this site, I've seen it happen up close and personal; indeed it would probably be fair to say that during the twenty-odd years I've been in the military, I've caused it a few times as well. Am I proud of that? No, but it has happened, and I have to deal with it.

Consequently, I have developed a thick skin. I take the view that there is humour to be found in all circumstances; I don't actually believe that I would be able to function as a human being were that not the case. Joking about death, destruction and dismemberment is an excellent way of getting through it. At least it demonstrates that we are still alive.

So yes, I thought the joke was in appalling taste, and undoubtedly deeply offensive to anyone related to the girl who was murdered - I posted it as the 'Nastiest Joke in History' - but there was something undeniably funny and life-affirming about it as well.

So feck off.
  4. Well said!
  5. So......"How do YOU tell if your sister's on the rag?"
  6. Any chance of pm'ing me the joke? I missed it before someone decided I wouldn't like it
  7. Been plenty of vulgar stuff on here, seems weird some of us have taken the moral high ground all a sudden. The joke was wank, however.
  8. there joking and joking
    one is funny , the other is shite
  9. Didn't see it, which I thought was a bit Bezhti.

I can't agree more.
  10. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the humour involved, yet another example of Free Speech in action - sensible discussion and serious comment from both sides without riots, threats or furniture getting smashed.

Personally, I didn't find the joke better or worse than the thousands of others people (especially service types?) find to deal with appalling circumstances but, whatever your view on the original post, be proud that we still act as a society where such things can be discussed without violence.

Maybe we can help keep it that way.....
  11. The NAAFI censored??? the travesty WTF is the world coming too? Pretty soon we, Americans, will no longer be called Spams, colonials, or septics but US citizens...now that just ain't right! You need to sort this out otherwise I will have to find some place where I am appreciated for what I am A SPAM :D
  12. You mean Topping Pedos is'nt legal ?
    Well it should be.
    PS No cum backs unless you've been seriously abused, then I will consider your side of the argument.
    One of the disadvantages of living where I do is the number of really sick individuals we get out here. Thais considered it ignorant to stick your nose into others affairs.
    However should matters cum to the attention of the local polis, down cums the door in go the law and inside they go. No rules on Miranda (yanks) or non admissable evidence. All evidence counts.
    Met a few who have been inside a Thai nick and like Shepton Mallet none where going inside again.
  13. Too close to home, ACF boy?
  14. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. Same could be said for you, 'cos what would you know about it unless you have been seriously abused?