Witch hunt!

I was at Barts recently for a routine scan and Security was called after a patient lit up in a lift and refused to put it out. From the nearby lobby I heard some of the exchange along the lines of "I know my rights" and "Oi, that's mine and I'm sueing you for assault" after the security guard presumably removed the cigarette.
What's worse?
Anti smokers who wail and moan if your spark up within 100 yards of them, or the 'I know my rights' cnuts who do it just because they are contrary cnuts?

When I was in the US Army (87- 92) a lot of soldiers used chewing tobacco/snuff to maintain their nicotine addiction. Is that a thing in Britain?
Almost non existent in the army and civvie street.

Almost non existent in the army and civvie street.
When Safferland's Minister of Health introduced a smoking ban in pubic places and a restriction on pub smoking - only 25% of floor space, must be sealed off from other areas - local tobacco companies tried to intruduce the whole chewing tobacco thing.
Never worked, and was a huge and expensive marketing failure.

CharleyBourne

Old-Salt
When I was in the US Army (87- 92) a lot of soldiers used chewing tobacco/snuff to maintain their nicotine addiction. Is that a thing in Britain?
The only person I know who "chews" tobacco is a former Gurkha I work with. He mixes it with lime powder and holds it between his lower lip and gum. I think it's called Khani

A pub I used to frequent about 20 years ago went through a phase of putting boxes of snuff on the counter for you to try. As it was free I had a go and it was quite pleasant with a bit of a hit (I smoked at the time) although messy and probably not going to do you any favours in the pulling stakes (and I needed all the cards I could get). I haven't seen it since although I expect the old school tobacconist in the local town sells it.

I smoked from the age of 12 to about 30 and enjoyed it. JPS, B&H, No.9s and then graduating to roll ups. It kept you warm(er) on exercise, broke the ice with other smokers on courses and was probably more about the ritual of rolling up than the actual nicotine. I gave up on meeting 'er indoors who is a non-smoker and because I found myself smoking for the sake of it eg. going on a fag break at work and then lighting a second one immediately because I knew it would be a couple of hours before the next one.

I never thought I would be able to sit in a pub with a pint and not smoke but I went cold turkey, finished the tin and never smoked again. I can even roll cigarettes for other people when they have forgotten their rolling machine and not be tempted.

I have no problem with other people smoking as long as they are considerate and am glad I don't smell of smoke after a night out and do not have to stand outside the pub for a fix. Incidentally I think it should be at the landlord's discretion as to whether smoking is allowed on the premises and customers can make their choice whether to drink there or not.

Allan74

Old-Salt
What's worse?
Anti smokers who wail and moan if your spark up within 100 yards of them, or the 'I know my rights' cnuts who do it just because they are contrary cnuts?
I'm not sure about the distance as it does sound excessive, but yes, I don't want your waste fumes all over me when I'm breathing.

I presume you'd like me to extend you the courtesy of me not pi55ing on your shoes in the gents.

I'm not sure about the distance as it does sound excessive, but yes, I don't want your waste fumes all over me when I'm breathing.

I presume you'd like me to extend you the courtesy of me not pi55ing on your shoes in the gents.
Absolutely.
I will not smoke anywhere where it MAY affect non-smokers.
Walking down the street, for example.
Conversely, somebody howling if I'm smoking next to the bus station is being a bit twattish.

Latest Threads