Wisconsin National Guard Medal

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by bigjarofwasps, Mar 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me anything about this medal?

Attached Files:

2. It's a WISCOM...

It seems most States have a small slew of medals of their own, which are worn below the federal awards. Basically it's a commendation award for some service to Wisconsin specifically, as opposed to the US Army in General. I've not seen many state commendation awards issued, usually AAMs and ARCOMs are given out. I seem to recall that Louisiana issued awards to non-Louisiana Guard troops who went to Katrina.

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

4. So its a bit of a gimme gong then?
  5. Yeah, kinda like being a Member of the British Empire.
  6. To a point. I mean, they can still be earned deservedly: For example if a twister hits Wisconsin, the Guard gets called out for the state mission, and does something really impressive like save a few homesteaders or something. It's not a highly ranked award, and it's not particularly highly thought of, but neither do you get it just for showing up when you're supposed to. (That's the California Drill Attendance Ribbon which, if ever there was a pointless award, that's the one)

7. Cheers CT, a sort of poor mans ARCOM, if you will.

But please I`m curious tell me more about the Californa Drill Attendance Ribbon, ho,ho,ho, no but seriously tell, tell!!!! :thumleft: