Wisbech attackers 'fought off by landlord holding chips' - chips saved!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Legallybald, Feb 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Wisbech attackers 'fought off by landlord holding chips'

• Like Like x 1
  2. I feckin' hope them chips were worth it.

10/10

3. He doesn't look like he'd be that handy but you never know with people. Went home with a stab wound and ate his fish 'n' chips. And some folk say this country is finished. Need to find out the name of that chippy.

4. Gentlemen lessoned learned, don't disturb a guy whilst he is eating his tea, as he is liable to become rather tetchy.

5. If he would have had a glass Irn Bru Bottle(aka the Glasgow Samurai Sword) in his pocket there would have been 4 dead muggers at the scene.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They were lucky he wasn't that hungry, otherwise, I feel sure we could have been looking at some body bags.
    Shame really....

7. Wisbech is full of untermensch, let them kill each other.

8. Will no-one think of the chips?

• Like Like x 2
  9. I can't get them off my mind . . .

Can I get compensation? Or therapy, at least? Or a bag o' them chips to microwave?

10. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Petrou Brothers chip shop. Award winners.

Nothing at all surpises me about Wisbech. Didtinctly odd place with distinctly odd people.

• Like Like x 1
  11. So, Alf Tupper was right all along. Chips, the food of champions.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Two young Russians once tried to mug me as I wended my way homeward from a local Carnival event dressed as a clown. They somehow confused my appearance with some sort of defenceless buffoon, letting their guard down, it didn't go well for them and I later threw both their wallets in the river.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hopefully you did the right thing first, by taking their cash and leaving their cards in a bus shelter for tramps to use.