Wisbech attackers 'fought off by landlord holding chips' - chips saved!

Mr Wood, who learned the Japanese art of Aikido as a teenager, said he was approached by four young men on Thursday as he walked down an alleyway close to Lynn Road at about 21:00 BST.

"They said 'we want your wallet' and then my phone rang and they said 'we'll have your phone as well'," he said.

"The irony was it was my fiancee who messaged me saying, 'be careful - it's dangerous out there'.

"I said, 'If you want it, you'll have to come and get it'."He said he managed to kick the first two men in the knees and, using one hand, fought off the third.

A fourth man then stabbed him in his chest but he said he wrestled the screwdriver off him before throwing it away.

Mr Wood said he drove home and ate his fish and chips - which he managed to keep in one hand the whole time without dropping anything - before telling his partner about the incident.
BBC News - Wisbech attackers 'fought off by landlord holding chips'

He doesn't look like he'd be that handy but you never know with people. Went home with a stab wound and ate his fish 'n' chips. And some folk say this country is finished. Need to find out the name of that chippy.

Gentlemen lessoned learned, don't disturb a guy whilst he is eating his tea, as he is liable to become rather tetchy.

S

syledis

If he would have had a glass Irn Bru Bottle(aka the Glasgow Samurai Sword) in his pocket there would have been 4 dead muggers at the scene.

They were lucky he wasn't that hungry, otherwise, I feel sure we could have been looking at some body bags.
Shame really....

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Petrou Brothers chip shop. Award winners.

Nothing at all surpises me about Wisbech. Didtinctly odd place with distinctly odd people.

Two young Russians once tried to mug me as I wended my way homeward from a local Carnival event dressed as a clown. They somehow confused my appearance with some sort of defenceless buffoon, letting their guard down, it didn't go well for them and I later threw both their wallets in the river.

Hopefully you did the right thing first, by taking their cash and leaving their cards in a bus shelter for tramps to use.

Need to find out the name of that chippy.
Frank's fish and chips, it says so in the article. Wisbech has a large migrant worker population from eastern Europe employed as labourers picking vegetables, wages are low so perhaps some feel the need to subsidise their income.

Oh no did I mention eastern Europeans? Now I guess this changes everything.

Sent via Tapatalk HD

You don't need to mention the nationality to know it was foreigners.. They speak a passable English that you can understand..the true wisbechites just grunt and dribble.. The inbred, low life, dole scrounging scrotes...

You don't need to mention the nationality to know it was foreigners.. They speak a passable English that you can understand..the true wisbechites just grunt and dribble.. The inbred, low life, dole scrounging scrotes...
Have you considered working for the Wisbech Promotion Council? That critique of the area is far better than they usually get.

Good job he ate the chip's, if any had been longer than 4" he might have been in trouble with dibble.