Wireless

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by polar, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help, my brother has locked down his wireless and I'm having to resort to unsecured connections but I'm on the limit of their range.

Any tips on improvement? Read somewhere about people creating wide area links with standard wireless kit (I think theirs one from Leeds to Wakefield at the top of my street).

Would it just be a dustbin lid behind my laptop??

2. What you need to do is move your laptop to the kitchen and place it on top of the thing that heats up your pizzas, than you will have a microwave connection, sorted!

3. Why not buy a USB Modemthere only about £40 or free if you sign up with all the mobile phone cos.

4. [​IMG]

whack some tinfoil on it and bob is you gender confused auntie.

should look something like this

5. get an airlive 5460v2 ap as a repeater/rebroadcaster

6. msr

msr LE

7. Pay for your own bandwidth you tight arrse

8. drive up and down the street till you can use someone elses, or plug the sky dish in the back :wink:

9. Thats the one I was thinking of.

Moved location in the end ... two more unsecure networks. My brothers connection also appeared for 1/2 hour even though its hidden is this a bug in his router? (we did try configuring my laptop to use it but it always failed to gain an IP)

10. get netstumbler from the net a free download, check what channel they are using, the ones closer may be masking his packets etc

get him to change the channel in the router and go for distance as opposed to quality.

else piggy back the free ones - like me

11. Its weird, their are no free ones near my house but loads in my hometown and most of the connections near my home are from people from the same hometown area as me...... maybe the North -> South migrations a myth

12. go to macdonalds

13. Pay for your own fookin internet rather than using others. Pikey barstuard. :wink:

14. Is piggybacking and stealing internet not technically theft ???

15. Technically and legally yes. People have already been convicted.