Wireless Networking

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by 11D, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Does anybody know if there is a course either at DCISS or NCISS that deals with Wireless Network, or if there is a module on this subject on a trade/upgrader course??

I am trying to track down some course info/precis for an ongoing project.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. 11D, if you PM me, I can point you in the right direction.
  3. We have none o that witch craft ere,

youll be needing some cables sire.. we got em in any length an any colour...

Dont listen to the heretic PD!!
  4. "Wireless prophets, they come over here, nicking our jobs"....etc :D (ahem...compromising our security...cough....)
  5. 11D

11D Old-Salt

PD - thanks for your help. You're a legend.

Any other info from any takers will be most useful.........at this rate I'll be a tech..... :D
  6. anybody know where I can get some 802.11 cabling from?
  7. There might be some in the Line Shack, next to the Eleventy Twelve Quad.
  8. 11D, I know a bit about wireless networks especially 802.11a,b,g,n . There are plenty of articles on the Web that will help get you up to speed. THIS is a good place to start. If there is anything more specific that you need to know and cant get the info elsewhere then I may be able to help.
  9. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Thanks Dah. Most useful. I've got a few books out as well.

i was hoping for more stuff on Wireless networking in say Bde HQ; what has been experimented so far, how the technology is being investigated within the military; how it is being exploited, EW issues and how we are addressing them etc etc.

Any gumf on this would be good, although PD contact has pointed me in the right direction to a good start point.

Would a trip to CES/Def Acad/Main Building be of any good do you think????? :?:

10. 11D, I was involved in a series of wireless networking demos last year on ex. I can try to dig the PXR points out, but they were all submitted to the TOT at HQ 11X so maybe you could get some useful stuff there. Some really good stuff like "breadcrumbs" which can be scattered around a geographical area to provide a 802.11 mesh (maybe useful at formation-level) , some longer range 802.11a stuff which was based on the Cisco Aironet eqpt and lots of cool stuff on security.