Winters Shit.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by kaiser, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I dont know if im the only one , but i hate winter, all the people hoping for snow.
    Im glad if its bloody mild.Snow makes me late for work, and late home.
    And as for xmas, you can shove that up yer arrse, being nice to relatives i dont like is not my thing.
    Bloody parasites, only turn up when theres free everything, and then moan like fcuk about stupid idiotic minor shit.
    Who thinks about the guys that are away at xmas, Afghan, and other places, they deserve to be remembered at xmas, not a bunch of parasitic relatives that you only see once a year, and only on a freebie.
    So if any of my relatives are thinking of visiting me this xmas, dont fucking bother.
    However if you are one of the lads that happen to keep this country safe, you are very welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Quite agree, I fucking hate dark nights and the fact its always wet, muddy, grey and cold, you go to work in the dark & come home in the dark, and your outdoor options on a weekend are limited to what the weathers doing and how much daylight you have. I still get out doing my quad biking, hiking etc, but I'd rather I was doing it in spring/summer/early autumn.

*edited to add, I actually don't mind the snow when it comes!

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Ooh, someone needs a hug

4. jim.jpg

HoHoHo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

So which is it? You hate the snow. Or actually you don't mind it? Fuck me. I think we've got a Lib-Dem.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Snow is ok, cold and dry suits me, it's the wet cold european shit that pisses me off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well its snowing here. Stand-by for whacky races tomorrow when the civvies try to get to work in their euro-boxes. A day for the landrover I think... Do we have a "Smug Grin" smiley ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was agreeing that winters shit (British winter where it doesnt snow much, its just wet, grey & miserable for about 4-5 months) but that when it does actually snow, I quite like it. Lib Dem, now that is a mortal wound...

9. I fucking love winter. I especially love it when sad cunts with Seasonal Affective Disorder get upset about not seeing the sun for more than a few minutes each day. And I love the cold; I'm quite happy in temperatures below zero (Farenheit, that is). At least if you're feeling cold, you can warm yourself up by doing some work; if you're too hot, you can't do anything.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I love the snow when it first falls, everything looks clean and virgin, the downside to winter, I hate it when it gets late, early!!! :-(

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well we are getting close to having a single season known as the big wet, with slightly warmer and much colder wet on either side.

I quite enjoyed moving south as it was warmer and drier but I think it followed me down.

you have to put up with the crap so you appreciate the good when it finally turns up but it would be nice to have proper seasons again. snow is fine when it drops in one go then stays for a month or two instead of this freeze thaw cycle which makes it so crappy because people have forgotten how to drive on snow or allow enough time to travel.

12. I'm quite looking forward to Xmas, New year and most of Jan at my daughters in Calgary. Present temp
    -12 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. [Pedant]Winter isn't here yet; it starts on December 21st & finishes March 20th.[/Pedant]

• Like Like x 1